Anyone considered making a Media Center theme to better match Chocolate in MBC?

jhoff80

jhoff80

In order to reduce confusion for my users, I need the MBC skin to pretty closely match what is in Media Center (plus, it just looks cleaner that way).  Because of that, I'm still stuck using the Pearl Night skin which pretty closely matches stock Media Center.

What I'm wondering is if anyone has made a Media Center skin to match Chocolate instead... or at the very least found one that already exists that works well.

Deihmos

You can change the colors to match stock media center blue.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

CWNashvegas

Are you mostly just seeking to have users feel like MB is just a part of WMC? I've done this, although in my case I was matching a MB to custom WMC theme. I do it with Subdued, though. Chocolate is great but I could never get the home screen to look the way I wanted. This is an approximation of what I do. I walked myself through it on my laptop so I could show the results with a stock MWC. (Or rather, the Dell version of stock WMC.)

1. In the MB Plugins screen, install Subdued.

2. OPTIONAL - On the View Options screen (2nd tab in the config screens) uncheck "enable EHS". Not needed with Subdued unless you just want a cleaner look.

3. On the Theme Options screen, switch to Subdued, and uncheck "Show theme background" - this allows the WMC background to come through.

4. On Subdued General, change the style to Blue Note. Restart MB.

From there, play with the home screen view options. Probably unchecking most items containing the word "background" or "backdrop" as those will mess up the look.

Results:

WMC

53a63d141ebb7_unifiedwmc.jpg

MBC - EHS is enabled, disabling it would show user-specified icons, no weather, and no recently added items.

53a63d283d0ed_unified.jpg

Edited by Knowledge Base
  • Like 1

Deihmos

Uh, how exactly?

In the MBC theme settings you can change the color scheme to blue and uncheck show theme background. That should help and you can't go wrong with the chocolate theme.

jhoff80

Are you mostly just seeking to have users feel like MB is just a part of WMC? I've done this, although in my case I was matching a MB to custom WMC theme. I do it with Subdued, though. Chocolate is great but I could never get the home screen to look the way I wanted. This is an approximation of what I do. I walked myself through it on my laptop so I could show the results with a stock MWC. (Or rather, the Dell version of stock WMC.)

Well, that's part of it, but I already have something that matches Media Center with Pearl's blue theme.  However, I'm missing out on many of the newer features that something like Chocolate has supported.  I was more just thinking that since Chocolate is the default out of the theme MBC theme, that it would also be nice to have a matching MediaCenter theme... something along the lines of how the un8y theme was made to match Neo.

In the MBC theme settings you can change the color scheme to blue and uncheck show theme background. That should help and you can't go wrong with the chocolate theme.

Color scheme blue doesn't actually make any discernable changes in Chocolate, I've tried that before.  The unchecking "Show Theme Background" helps, but there's still a ton of black in many places that just doesn't really fit with the default MediaCenter aesthetic.  That's why I was thinking it might be interesting to have a suggested MediaCenter theme to go along with Chocolate, like I said above.

Edited by jhoff80

Deihmos

You can always change the wmc theme. I use the world theme, flying whale theme and blue theme. Those things don't bother me though.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk