Home Assistant 0.104

jriker1

Spaceboy

So from what I understand we need to now what events emby produces in order to kick of automations like dim my lights. How do we find those? I really am still just getting started with HA. Have most of my smart devices set up although not all of those are looking as expected. Some configurable bulbs are appearing as simple switches for example. Still working on it...

Bambu Utila

So from what I understand we need to now what events emby produces in order to kick of automations like dim my lights. How do we find those? I really am still just getting started with HA. Have most of my smart devices set up although not all of those are looking as expected. Some configurable bulbs are appearing as simple switches for example. Still working on it...

Have a little look a bit higher up in this thread.

I'm pretty new at HA too and I installed Node-Red like suggested and started playing around with it.

It's a much easier way of making automations. 

Right now i have mine setup the way i like, i started with what MRobi gave us above and then adjusted it.

If you want i can give you my version too so you can compare and use whatever you like from both

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
MRobi

Sorry, I didn't see this earlier. Here are the emby play states in HA. Actually this should be standard play states for most media devices in HA.

I also highly recommend node-red. It's so much easier to learn, and I'll go out on a limb and say it's more powerful than coding in YAML. Since it's multi-platform, there are hundreds or thousands of nodes that can be imported to your pallet to really expand it's capabilities.

5ed6c8c76597c_Capture.png

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
Przemek

Hello, I try to install that Emby Latest Media addon on my Home Assistant. I install upcoming media card and emby lates media from HACS repository. I add to configuration.yaml:

sensor:
- platform: emby_upcoming_media
  api_key: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  user_id: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  host: 192.168.0.19
  port: 8096
  ssl: False
  max: 5
  use_backdrop: true
  group_libraries: false
  include:
    - Movies
    - TV Shows

I add to ui.lovelace.yaml:

- type: custom:upcoming-media-card
  entity: sensor.sensor.emby_latest_movies
  title: Latest Movies

and

- type: custom:upcoming-media-card
  entity: sensor.emby_latest_movies
  title: Latest Movies

I clear browser cashe and restart HA many times but don't see any card. I can get any help in HA support so I write here. Meybe someone will know how to enable this card.

Regards,
Przemek

seanbuff
55 minutes ago, Przemek said:

Hello, I try to install that Emby Latest Media addon on my Home Assistant. I install upcoming media card and emby lates media from HACS repository.

It's been a while since I've used that addon, let me try adding it and I will report back.

seanbuff

Okay I have tested this out and it appears to be working just fine.

One thing I suggest is to test the first step, i.e. is your sensor working correctly? The easiest way to do that is is to use the Developer Tools within HA to show you the sensors current status. Type in "latest" in the entity filter, it should show you both Emby sensors

image.png.fbc986d54f1c9248e54c246fb0812a9f.png

The sensor should show as "Online" and give you the raw data pulled from Emby.

If you are not seeing this sensor information, then we can troubleshoot why your sensor config is not working.

Let me know how you go, we can sort out the Lovelace config once the above has been sorted out.

Przemek

Thanks, but my problem is I don't see that sensor at all. I have that problem with some other installations from HACS. Can You tell me what to do step by step and what are Your configs from configuration.yaml and lovelace.yaml?
Regards.

seanbuff

Okay, so your sensor config looks good (i used your config as-is), I just replaced with my api_key and user_id -- did you get this information correctly from Emby?

Be sure you use the instructions from here to grab that data:
https://github.com/gcorgnet/sensor.emby_upcoming_media#getting-information-for-the-plugin

Przemek

Yes, I put wright credentials. I have Emby integration in HA that works and shows me users from my Emby server:

media_player:
  - platform: emby
    host: 192.168.0.19
    api_key: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    port: 8096

I make another API key in Emby to add to upcoming media card config.

seanbuff

Your API key might be correct, but did you get a valid Emby user_id that has the correct access to view latest media.

image.png.245f07a46335def49dd025a1111fd29b.png