Slow Loading/Movies Crash if sorting by Collection

Volfan6415

Volfan6415

I am seeing some very weird behavior in the app.  Running the latest server beta and the wmc app lags in navigating to where it is basically unusable.  If i have collapse into collections turned on sometimes it works and sometimes it shows up as no items.  

there are some shows (glee that i can't open)

Something doesn't seem right with the app right now which as been running stable for years.  Before you suggest i switch to Emby Theater @@Luke.  I do have that installed and have been using it as a backup but until the list view is worked out and improved in Emby Theater i can't make the permanent switch.

I have attached emby-wmc logs 

MBClassic-221202067f4e4c5e13e494380a9ad8ce3839aeb.log

MBClassic-23120200fa4cff5b604474490b2ec841f7d59db.log

MBClassic-22120209ce5bc914d874f23b00ec48708ee4a54.log

Edited by Volfan6415

Volfan6415

Hi, does the same problem occur in the web app?

It does not.  The web app and emby-theater have been what i have had to fall back on to actually watch the shows on the TV at times.

Edited by Volfan6415

Volfan6415

Hi.  Try two things:

1) Switch to the Chocolate theme

2) Uninstall the "Square" theme

I will uninstall the square theme.

I will also switch back to chocolate.  That was the theme I had been using when the problem first appeared.  I switched themes to see if perhaps it was the theme that was the problem. I think there should be one of those logs that has the problem with the chocolate theme enabled.   (logs from 1/22 around 9 PM)

And yes the log that is the largest exhibited both problems and was using chocolate theme. MBClassic-23120200fa4cff5b604474490b2ec841f7d59db 

But i will switch back and get some additional logs with chocolate enabled.

Edited by Volfan6415

First thing to do then is try uninstalling Square.  There are a bunch of things in the log that I don't know where they are coming from.  Hopefully, that's it.

• Like 1

Volfan6415

Uninstalled square.

Movies appears to be working.  But the issue was intermittent to begin with.  So not sure.

However, the TV season loading is still not working.  Tried several seasons and they caused emby for WMC to crash.  Here are the logs.

MBClassic-24120203f30c91d20d44a6d96e674ee3e9050d3.log

MBClassic-2412020f13ecd6a451f4c00b2ef1af30ba02d83.log

MBClassic-2412020c79e84dcfe9748799a4ee9c54a40a251.log

MBClassic-24120209d6867f664fb4b578fc1fbb0a095453b.log

Looks like you have some requests timing out but was there anything in Windows Event Viewer for the crash?

Volfan6415

Looks like you have some requests timing out but was there anything in Windows Event Viewer for the crash?

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.  A family trip to disney world got in the way. :-)

So i don't see any errors in the event viewer under the following event viewer logs

Media Center or System

Unfortunately the application logs truncated while i was gone so i can't go back that far.  Is this the viewer where i would likely see relevant events?

OR is there some other log in event viewer i should be looking for.

Yes, it is the Windows Event viewer - however, many errors from WMC are actually just marked as warning or information items.  You would want to look for anything from ehexthost.exe.

Thanks.

Volfan6415

So looking in event viewer i only have two errors from ehExtHost. Both are dated from prior to this issue and do not appear to be related.  But here they are 

Dated 7/28/2019

Exception System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.Template.FastMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] arArgs)
   at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ObjectPath.MethodOperations.Invoke(Object instance, String stPath, Object[] arArgs)
   at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.Template.InvokeMethodService.MethodInvoke(IVirtualPropertyObject vpoHost, ObjectPath ipMethod, ObjectPath ipResult, Object objTransformer, Object objOwner, IList exHandlers)
   at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.Invoke.ApplyWorker(Object args)
   at Microsoft.MediaCenter.Queues.Dispatcher.MainLoop(Queue queue)
   at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.UIDispatcher.MainLoop(Queue queue, LoopCondition condition)
   at MediaCenter.Extensibility.Host.Main(String[] args)

InnerException System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Access is denied

at System.Diagnostics.ProcessManager.OpenProcess(Int32 processId, Int32 access, Boolean throwIfExited)
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.GetProcessHandle(Int32 access, Boolean throwIfExited)
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.Kill()
   at Advent.Common.Diagnostics.ProcessJob.Kill()
   at Advent.VmcExecute.MainPage.Kill()

dated 12/13/2019

Exception System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.Template.FastMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] arArgs)
   at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ObjectPath.MethodOperations.Invoke(Object instance, String stPath, Object[] arArgs)
   at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.Template.InvokeMethodService.MethodInvoke(IVirtualPropertyObject vpoHost, ObjectPath ipMethod, ObjectPath ipResult, Object objTransformer, Object objOwner, IList exHandlers)
   at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.Invoke.ApplyWorker(Object args)
   at Microsoft.MediaCenter.Queues.Dispatcher.MainLoop(Queue queue)
   at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.UIDispatcher.MainLoop(Queue queue, LoopCondition condition)
   at MediaCenter.Extensibility.Host.Main(String[] args)

InnerException System.Exception: ISO Mounter is not configured correctly

at MediaBrowser.Application.MountISO(String path)
   at MediaBrowser.Library.Factories.PlayableItemFactory.MountAndGetNewMedia(Video video)
   at MediaBrowser.Library.Factories.PlayableItemFactory.Create(Media media)
   at MediaBrowser.Application.Play(Item item, Boolean resume, Boolean queue, Nullable`1 playIntros, Boolean shuffle, Int64 startPos, Boolean forceFirstPart)
   at MediaBrowser.Application.Play(Item item)

Those are the only errors from ehExtHost that i have.

Your system may just be too slow for the collapse operation.  If you turn that option off, you don't have this problem?

Volfan6415

Your system may just be too slow for the collapse operation.  If you turn that option off, you don't have this problem?

With the movies it seems intermittent.  Some times this works and other times it doesn't 

What has been consistent, however, is under TV series certain shows not opening up and loading at all.  I go to select the show and navigate to the seasons select and that is where it crashes.  

Everything was working until very recently ( a few weeks ago)  I run the beta server and generally keep it updated.  (currently on 4.4.0.11)

I am using the list view.

Volfan6415

Ok so this seems wierd to me.  I tested on my windows administrative user (not the user that usually runs WMC) and everything seems to work fine.  I did have a weird issue awhile back where the HTPC user seemed to lose access to my movies folder on my server.  So i guess this means that there might be a permissions issue with the user that is logged on normally?

Volfan6415

Ok so now i feel like an idiot.  No idea how this was working before.  

But the issue was that the server path in the library was not configured properly for the TV library

I had //SERVERNAME/SHARENAME .... changing this to \\SERVERNAME\SHARENAME fixed the issue.

My files are stored on a windows SMB share but emby runs on linux (also access to the SMB) share.  I am sure thats how i messed the slashes up.

It was correct for the movies library. 

ALso not sure why some seasons where able to open and not others?  But glad i have it fixed and working now.

Edited by Volfan6415

Volfan6415

It still seems wierd to me that on a different windows account on the same computer the tv seasons were loading with the mis configured path.

(granted i was remoted in when i navigated so maybe that forced emby for wmc to think it wasn't local and ignore the incorrect path altogether?)

Edited by Volfan6415