Movie folder from Home shows old cover art

bjennejohn
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

bjennejohn

Title says it all.   My movies folder is holding onto an old random cover art that the scrapper initially matched it with.  I've since corrected it by using the Identify feature and plugging in the IMDB id.    So now the movie art is right however of course the main home screen movie folder chose to use the old artwork (Generic grey with words) as one of the movies it shows.  

Is there a way to clear the cache for that specific image and force it to update?   It's cosmetic but annoying since its the first thing you see when you launch the app.

Thanks in advance!

• Solution
Happy2Play

I assume your are referring to the Dynamic library image.  Edit image on the library and delete the image, then do a library scan to generate a new one.

• Like 1

bjennejohn

I assume your are referring to the Dynamic library image.  Edit image on the library and delete the image, then do a library scan to generate a new one.

Yes correct the Dynamic Library Image on the main Home screen for my movies.  That image remains static even though I've changed the Cover art to be correct and ran a library scan.  

I think that is what you indicated I should do or am I still missing a step?   If i go into the main library that movie looks right, it's just not reflected on the Dynamic Library image where it shows 4 movie titles, it keeps holding onto that old image even after a library scan.

Edited by bjennejohn

Hi.  Did you try what Happy suggested?

...  Edit image on the library and delete the image, then do a library scan to generate a new one.

crusher11

I had an issue with this the other day. I replaced all the default posters in a library with the DVD art for the versions I have, then tried to recreate the library image. I deleted the existing image and ran a scan, but I had to do it several times because it kept somehow picking up the old poster art. Several times it even used both the old and the new poster art for the same movie.

bjennejohn

Hi.  Did you try what Happy suggested?

I think so but not entirely sure what he meant.  Is he talking about my file director or talking about the movie itself in my library.  The issue is I corrected all generic covers and no loner know what movie that was but it still shows up with no title in the dynamic folder preview.  Assuming he is talking about the file directory do you know where those are stored by default?  I don't have my metatadata saved in my media directory.  I have it on my internal SSD but not sure where that stuff is put.

Thanks in advance!

bjennejohn

No he means use the image editor in emby server to delete the existing image.

Ahh ok thanks for clarifying.  Unfortunately I no longer recall what movie that was so not sure how to even locate it to delete it now since they are all corrected visually within the movie library.

bjennejohn

I think he's talking about the image for the library itself, not the movie.

Wow that took care of it.  All i had to do was click the Movie folder and edit images from there.  Delete the one image there and then rescan library and now working!  Thanks guys.  Noob here that came from Plex so still getting use to the differences.  Love Emby so far though, so much I bought the Premier version only after 2 days of use.  Had plex for 6 years and never did the plex pass, so that says something.

• Like 1

Hi. Got a problem trying to generate a new icon for movies and collections.

Its using the same cover art for the four slots.

I've repeatedly deleted it and rescanned the library files but with similar results.

Its worked fine on TV Series and Music.

Any advice greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance.

Hi. Got a problem trying to generate a new icon for movies and collections.

Its using the same cover art for the four slots.

I've repeatedly deleted it and rescanned the library files but with similar results.

Its worked fine on TV Series and Music.

Any advice greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance.

HI, what version of Emby Server?

Hi Luke. I think i have sorted it.

Process...

I deleted and added the library, pointing to an empty directory, deleted all the .info and .jpg files, moved all the files over to the empty directory and then left it to do its thing overnight. Still nothing tonight when I checked so I checked on how many .jpg's where there, not many, so I refreshed meta data and replaced all images. It slowly added the images to each file but I did have to view the listing in the Emby app to push it along. I have just checked the icon for movies and I have four different movie posters for the icon.

Your help and quick response was amazing and the amount of time you have put into this programme is wonderful. Thank you.