3D Blu-Ray Movies in MediaBrowser & Feature Request

Rafi1001

+++ 

Thanks!

Now, am I missing something? I can't find anywhere in the new version of the EHT or the server in which I can tell files that are ISO to play in PowerDVD or MVC to play in stereoscopic. But, some folks in this thread talk as if that's possible. Am I missing something?

mguebert

I'm not sure if it's hardware. I could look into it. I know there are only a few boxes, and if it were hardware, I think there would be more than there are. Even if it's hardware, those chips are coded. This means someone was able to write software than can decode MVC whether it's on a chip, disc, usb stick, or grain of rice.  If I recall, it seems the 3D MVC aspect of the boxes is software based. The reason I say this is that some of the boxes that can do this couldn't until software updates.

My understanding is that in order to play FP MVC files you need either a hardware decoder, MD8er, RPI2 etc or a software decoder IE Stereoscopic Player. But even in the case of the hardware decoder there still has to be support in the playback application to use the hardware decoder which is why some boxes may not support that playback mode even though the hardware is capable.

External players are not yet supported in the new version of Theater.

Thanks, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something, since I'm new to Emby.

But external players are supported in EMC (Emby for WMC) as they have been for years now. I have it set for MPC-HC for mkv and TMT5 for (3D) iso. I think that is about to change soon and I'll rip my iso to MVC/mkv and playback with the latest MPC-HC with madVR and LAV.

jhoff80

So it looks like on .5872. that the MVC format is present in the popup metadata editing page (view a movie, press ... button, Edit), but it is not currently present within the dedicated Metadata Manager view.  Maybe you're aware of that already but just wanted to point it out just in case.

Well, let's get one thing straight, if we were to go crazy with our 3d support, heck even include our own glasses, i don't think that would kill anyone :) in other words, i just don't think the 3d market is large enough to do that. but it is large enough that we will improve it when we can. so if we were to look at one big thing for 3d, what would that be?

Ok, I spent all weekend destroying my brain trying to get 3D to work. I worked with stereoscopic player, I worked with windows media center, I work with emby theater, madVR, lab, and just about everything else you can name.

If you could add one single thing this would be it. At least for some of us. If you can add the ability to tag videos as MVc, as you said you were going to do, but take it one step further and if you could allow emby theater to load an external player based on the tag that would be the most amazing thing on the planet. That way with emby theater we could use stereoscopic player and we would have a 3-D support. I think this would shut a lot of us up. :)

.I hope this is coming across correctly, as I am on my phone and it is translating for me. I will try to edit the post later so it is more legible. Thank you

Edit: for this, I would sign up for a lifetime membership tomorrow. I'm sure I'm not the only one, as some of us are just on the fence with 3-D.

Edited by weeks

Overseer

I have my media center set-up with Win 10, Media Center hack, EMC, LAV filters, MPC-BE w/MadVR. Unfortunately I still have to use the MK3D as the file extension but hoping that EMC has a future update to address that. But for right now external playback of my FP MVC files is pretty flawless. My Vizio automatically adjusts as it should.

jhoff80

So it looks like on .5872. that the MVC format is present in the popup metadata editing page (view a movie, press ... button, Edit), but it is not currently present within the dedicated Metadata Manager view.  Maybe you're aware of that already but just wanted to point it out just in case.

Still true in 5879, for what it's worth.

I have my media center set-up with Win 10, Media Center hack, EMC, LAV filters, MPC-BE w/MadVR. Unfortunately I still have to use the MK3D as the file extension but hoping that EMC has a future update to address that. But for right now external playback of my FP MVC files is pretty flawless. My Vizio automatically adjusts as it should.

What video card are you using? I have an R9 290x AMD and I've been pulling my hair out all weekend trying to get LAV/MPC to work.

Overseer

What video card are you using? I have an R9 290x AMD and I've been pulling my hair out all weekend trying to get LAV/MPC to work.

Just a simple nVidia GT 630 2GB, nothing fancy. This is an HTPC only system, not used for gaming. I grabbed MPC-BE w/MadVR from Shark007's website and followed his instructions.

The MKV file header contains the information whether a video is 3D or not (and which format, side-by-side, MVC etc). Maybe Emby could read that information? See "StereoMode" field documented here:

https://www.matroska.org/technical/specs/index.html#StereoMode

Unfortunately most MKV muxers don't write that field *just yet*. But let's not fall for the "Chicken or the egg" problem. For 3D Blu-Rays you could check for the presense of a STREAM/SSIF subfolder. The latest LAV nightly now also supports directly splitting/decoding 3D Blu-Rays without having to remux them to MKV first.

• Like 1

The MKV file header contains the information whether a video is 3D or not (and which format, side-by-side, MVC etc). Maybe Emby could read that information? See "StereoMode" field documented here:

https://www.matroska.org/technical/specs/index.html#StereoMode

Unfortunately most MKV muxers don't write that field *just yet*. But let's not fall for the "Chicken or the egg" problem. For 3D Blu-Rays you could check for the presense of a STREAM/SSIF subfolder. The latest LAV nightly now also supports directly splitting/decoding 3D Blu-Rays without having to remux them to MKV first.

I can't get LAV/Madvr to play anything in 3D. Going crazy over here.