No subtitles displayed automatically

rikiwi

I've been using the Android TV app for a few months since I upgraded to a Sony A9G TV.

I always notice that when first trying to watch a recorded TV program that subtitles aren't displayed automatically even though I have set them to Always in the settings.

I have to use the down button on the remote to access the OSD and click over to the subtitle optons and change them from None to English DVBSUB.

I have also noticed when watching Live TV in the app I get the rotating circle after selecting Subtitles.

I discovered this behaviour when testing for the above problem.

It isn't a problem for me as I always watch live TV using the OTA tuner in the TV set.

Yes, although I don't have to as they are displayed automatically as I have them set to Always play.

All other Emby aps display subtitles for recorded and Live TV automatically.

Hi.  Exactly how do you play your items?  I mean do you hit the play button on the remote from a list screen or do you enter the details page?  If you enter the details page, are the media selection items there?  Are subs selected?

We've determined this is only an issue with the first time you play them and it is with the beta server, correct?

I'v just tested palying several video files that had never been watched and all subtitles were displaye automatically.

I also played more recorded TV shows and had to manually select subs from the dropdown. Once started and re-played subtitles displayed automatically.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes. Still having to manually select subs from the drop down.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk