Have to log in to Emby each time

gatkin

Nothing that I’m aware of. TvOS is pretty restrictive and I don’t do anything out of the norm on it. I have android OS and multiple Apple devices. It’s only a thing on the Apple TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vdatanet

Is your Apple TV running out of memory? It has never happened to me on any of my Apple TV and I use them intensively. As far as I know, tvOS sometimes wipes application files when it runs out of memory. 500 kb of permanent data are allowed for each app the rest of the data is purgeable. I think 500 kb are sufficient for configuration data, but I don't know if Emby for Apple TV uses more data.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/32644622/can-i-use-nsuserdefaults-with-tvos

Edited by vdatanet

Thanks Luke, much appreciated.

I don’t know how to check the memory on Apple TV for Emby because Emby doesn’t appear under settings > apps, but I’d be surprised if that were causing it

vdatanet

Thanks Luke, much appreciated.

I don’t know how to check the memory on Apple TV for Emby because Emby doesn’t appear under settings > apps, but I’d be surprised if that were causing it

Apple TV does not provide such important info. You can check any app in the store. TV storage info is a popular one and space left tv is a free one.

Edited by vdatanet
  • Like 1

gatkin

Hey. Any news on this? Seemed to be ok for a few days then came back again. I haven’t added or deleted any servers.

Thanks in advance

We do have some additional changes that will be up on the beta soon that may help with this. Thanks.

• 2 months later...
fredflix

On 1.4.4.07 with this problem.

Glad to see I'm not the only one.
I initially thought it was a server side problem and gave up as I couldn't find anything wrong there.

By doing a forum search I came accross this thread. Never occurred to me to check the client side as logging in mechanisms are usually foolproof and well established.

We do have some additional changes that will be up on the beta soon that may help with this. Thanks.

Don't want to sound too pushy but it's been more than 2 months and still no update.
Unless there's been development on the beta? which I couldn't find how to get my hands on.

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw Ebr's post in another thread stating a new release will be up next week. Hopefully it will solve the issue. Best regards.

Edited by fredflix

• 2 weeks later...
que20

I have Apple TV 4K (tvOS 13.4) with Emby 1.4.5-Released May 19, 2020 (1.4.5.24 en-US)

My interface looks nothing like what is mentioned in the post which means there is still no option to remember my credentials, i have to log in each and every time which is very frustrating

I have have reinstalled the app multiple times and even reset my Apple TV twice

Am i the only one that still has this issue

I have Apple TV 4K (tvOS 13.4) with Emby 1.4.5-Released May 19, 2020 (1.4.5.24 en-US)

My interface looks nothing like what is mentioned in the post which means there is still no option to remember my credentials, i have to log in each and every time which is very frustrating

I have have reinstalled the app multiple times and even reset my Apple TV twice

Am i the only one that still has this issue

Hi.  Did you go into the app settings and ensure that "Remember Me" is enabled?

que20

@@ebr, thanks for your response but to put it simply, I would if I could

I have attached a PIC of my setting screen and there is no option to "Remember Me" or any of the other options you show in your post (only 'Change Server' & 'Playback Settings')

please advise.....

post-662515-0-58077000-1590960050_thumb.jpeg

que20

I reinstall....it presents a PIN....I confirm the PIN via the Emby website....it asks me for my username/password

I go to settings (see screen above)....I put Apple TV to sleep.....I wake up Apple TV, choose Emby and have to re-enter username/password

Still absolutely no "Remember Me" option

If I 'Skip' the PIN process....i do not have the URL for the Emby Server

I reinstall....it presents a PIN....I confirm the PIN via the Emby website....it asks me for my username/password

I go to settings (see screen above)....I put Apple TV to sleep.....I wake up Apple TV, choose Emby and have to re-enter username/password

Still absolutely no "Remember Me" option

If I 'Skip' the PIN process....i do not have the URL for the Emby Server

Hi.  Exactly where is it asking you for a username and password?

que20

Each time I choose/enter the Emby app, i get challenged for my username, then my password (please see PICs)

To be clear, I am only asked to confirm the PIN anytime I delete the Emby app from Apple TV and re-install (details and version information are in post above https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/81754-have-to-log-in-to-emby-each-time/?p=888950)

Is no else experiencing this? Everything I have is stock with zero mods across all 3 of my Apple TV devices.

post-662515-0-08693700-1591125877_thumb.jpeg

post-662515-0-46474200-1591125887_thumb.jpeg

If you have properly signed in with Connect, you should never see those screens.

Can you have the server owner unlink your Connect account and then re-link it - then you sign out of Connect and go through the PIN process again?

vdatanet

@@ebr, thanks for your response but to put it simply, I would if I could

I have attached a PIC of my setting screen and there is no option to "Remember Me" or any of the other options you show in your post (only 'Change Server' & 'Playback Settings')

please advise.....

That's normal using Emby connect. Using Emby Connect there's no "Remember Me" and "Change User". But in my case, credentials are remembered and no further authentication is required.

Hello everyone! I am also having the same problem, I have already tested it on Android TV Box, SmartTV and iOS devices, the behavior is the same after logging in and out, back again to the login screen demanding the data.

Emby Server 4.4.3.0

Hello everyone! I am also having the same problem, I have already tested it on Android TV Box, SmartTV and iOS devices, the behavior is the same after logging in and out, back again to the login screen demanding the data.
Emby Server 4.4.3.0

Hi.  Are you actually selecting the option "log out" in the app?  If so, this is expected behavior.

Hi.  Are you actually selecting the option "log out" in the app?  If so, this is expected behavior.

No, and I still mark the option to remember the last user and even then, after exiting the application and when opening again, login and password are requested.

after exiting the application and when opening again,

Exactly how are you doing these two things?

Just like on SmartTV and cell phone when pressing HOME to exit to the main screen and when returning to Emby, login and password are required again, the server is saved normally, but it is always being required. I am not going into the settings and logging out. This is happening to other people that I have on my server.

Exactly how are you doing these two things?