Have to log in to Emby each time

gatkin

Hi folks,

Been using Emby for some time on TvOS, but in the past month or so I am constantly having to log in to the app, and to each server. Here is what I have noticed:

Each time I start the app I am prompted to go to emby.media/pin to generate a PIN number. Once I’ve done that I’m in. But each time I switch server I am prompted for a username and password each time.

Just to clarify, I am logged in as Emby Connect. Other symptoms I have noticed is that when I have to log in to the app again, it resets my settings. Nitrate is set back to auto, and ‘remember me’ is set to off when I had previously set it to on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi.  If you are properly logged in via Connect and your users are properly linked in each server, you should not be presented with user selection when switching.

We should have an update for the app out in the next few days. Let's please re-visit this then and look at details if it is still a problem.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
eddievedder

I am also having this issue, even after the app update. on the formuler box it stays logged in but on the apple tv i have to login nearly every time

I can confirm this has also returned for me. I always select remember me but all settings revert each time I have to log in. I not only have to log in with media/pin each time but also the server. So each time I have to log in with pin, then server, then change all my settings back to what I want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can confirm this has also returned for me. I always select remember me but all settings revert each time I have to log in. I not only have to log in with media/pin each time but also the server. So each time I have to log in with pin, then server, then change all my settings back to what I want

Hi.  What happens if you don't use Connect (the PIN) and, instead, put in your server address manually?

When I start up the app I have no choice but to enter a pin.

Hi.  There is a button on the screen to enter a manual address.

Will do. I’m just trying to figure out how to get those details from my providers, both of which sent me an invite to join rather than server details. I don’t have a server address for them.

I tried to manually add my local server today and oddly I am not able to replicate the problem. I have restarted my Apple TV and it is no longer prompting for me to log in.

I’ll monitor the situation and let you know if it changes. If I see it again I’ll try manually adding my local server

More than likely what has happened is at some point in time you removed the server or some other factor caused the link between your Connect account and their server to be removed.

Can probably be solved by them re-inviting you.

Me again I’m afraid. The problem has returned today.

I can’t add my providers server as they won’t give me the details so can’t test that, but I’m not sure it will make a difference because the problem affects all of Emby. It’s as if it is not caching the settings because it wipes everything, including all the settings I change, not just prompting me to log in. I have to change the playback settings and tell it to remember me each time

Just to add, it’s not just prompting me to log in to the server each time, it is prompting me to log in to Emby connect also. When I do that and select to the server, it is not prompting me for the login details to that server but my Emby username / pw

Hi.  Are you using the "Logout" option in the app?

Have you ever hit the "Forget Server" button on the server screen?

I never use the logout feature, I just go back to the Apple TV home screen each time.

I did forget a server a few weeks back yes. One that I no longer subscribed to.

Each time I start Emby I get this:

post-448710-15827794388698_thumb.jpg

Then when I click next I get this:

post-448710-15827794664864_thumb.jpg

I go through that process and then each server I click on I am prompted with this (which each time is my Emby username / pw).

post-448710-15827795726347_thumb.jpg

Also have to reset all preferences.

I don’t have the same issue on iOS or Android TV.

Hope this helps

Hi.  What version of the app are you running?  Can you please make sure there isn't an update available?

Thanks.

Hi,

Version 1.4.4.07 en GB.

No updates available and I have it set to automatically update apps

Thanks in advance

snodrog742

Log in with Connect, then go to server you want, then Settings and make sure Remember Me is on.

Edited by snodrog742

I do that every time, at the same time I put the bitrate back from auto to 70mb.

This sounds like something is clearing the app's data on a regular basis.  Are you running any kind of special security stuff on the device?