TV seasons Menus or copy question

utah-dave

utah-dave

I am not 100% sure this question goes here. IF it dose not my apologies I will re pots to the correct location. 

Here is my problem and I am not sure how to handle it. I bought a Full TV series of our family favorite TV show. Their is 10 seasons 4 disk to each seasons and 6 shows to a disk. The family really wants to be able to go to this TV series and be able to pick 1 show as the pick to watch. A lot like you can on Netflix or Amazon when watching a full series. I am not sure how to do that. Right now I have copied the full disk with menus in a ISO. I know right now ISO is not supported, I am just not sure how to get a menu so they can select what episode they would like to watch. Any feed back on how this can be done, or who has done this would be AWESOME!

Thank you

Hi.  Google "makemkv".  That is a tool that will allow you to create individual files for each episode on each disc.  When you do that, name them according to our supported naming structure and then your user's will have the interface they want.

Let us know if that answers your question.

If DVDFab can extract individual episodes then that will work as well.

The trick is identifying the episodes so something that will allow you to preview the particular .vob file is helpful.

Hopefully (not always the case), your episodes are the title_0x.mkv files and are in order.  So, if the disc was episodes 1-4 then title_01, title_02 etc.  But, you may need to preview them to be sure as some discs scramble them on purpose.  Also pay attention to size.  Significantly smaller ones are probably outtakes or specials.

utah-dave

OK good note. how do I how deal outtakes or specials. I know this set has a lot of bloopers Also... very last question. Do I put all the Titles for one seasons inside one folder? Instead I have then broken out into Seasons, then disk right now. 

Edited by utah-dave

utah-dave

Thank I have fallowed this to a T. and I get no cover art, it has not grouped them together and makes me play each KVM on its own. I must be doing something wrong

Thank I have fallowed this to a T. and I get no cover art, it has not grouped them together and makes me play each KVM on its own. I must be doing something wrong

Hi, what do you mean by KVM? How did you name everything? Can you please go over an example? Thanks.

What do you see one level up from that?

Did you define this library as type "TV Shows"?

What folder did you point the library to?

Okay, so they are not being identified as TV shows at all.  Try putting a space or period between "friends" and the sxxexx in the episode names.  e.g. Friends.S01E01.mkv.

You can't have a library that is a subfolder of another library with different content types. You already have 

\\domain\movies

And then you're trying to do

\\domain\movies\tv series

Instead, try something like:

\\domain\movies\movies
\\domain\movies\tv series

Diedrich

Now that you've got the series setup, you'll want to choose the art to your liking. While in the TV series, click the poster. This will take you to a page where you can edit the art. You can search for available art or you can upload your own.

Be sure to check your library settings to make sure there are at least The TVDB and Fanart set as sources for artwork.