Emby won't play NFL playoff game

bcm00re

My educated "guess" is it is the profile being "high" that is causing broadcom devices to panic and display a black video screen. I no longer have a Roku 3 to test with I gave it away to a friend.

bcm00re

I'm not getting a black screen I'm getting an error -- the same one people are getting with files too large/long. Also my Roku 3 can play other (shorter) recordings that were recorded from that same channel (and are in high profile).

I guess the log info (that is in the other thread) didn't help much? Should I push the log data from the Roku?

Edited by bcm00re

bcm00re

Yes on most my Rokus, but not my 3 or LT models (see other thread I started).

AND much to my surprise, not on my brand new Roku Premiere (that I just installed today)!

But on the same new Roku I can play another NFL game that isn't as long (because I started the recording late) and that one hasn't even been Converted -- meaning it should be 'harder' to play.

Edited by bcm00re

Are we talking about the same thing here as the other thread?

Yes, I believe so.

The current hypothesis is that the Roku cannot handle the size of the manifest we are creating in these instances.  We haven't had a chance to test that out yet.

bcm00re

Yes, I believe so.

The current hypothesis is that the Roku cannot handle the size of the manifest we are creating in these instances. We haven't had a chance to test that out yet.

The only wrinkle was that after doing a Convert on the large/long file, I was able to play it on all my Rokus but my two older ones that use Broadcom chips. I then purchased a new Roku Premiere and oddly it wouldn't play the converted file either -- but it does play my non-converted Super Bowl recording without issue. So I'm not so worried about getting to the bottom of this now. That said, if you guys really want to understand it then let me know what I can do/provide to help. :) Edited by bcm00re