N2810: Updated emby server from 3.2.8.1 to 4.4.0.7beta. But it's reset to old version after a scheduled shut-down.

Tdelfin

Hello,

I updated emby server module on my Thecus N2810  from 3.2.8.1 to 4.4.0.7beta and had the server up and running.

But I noticed that the emby server is reset back to 3.2.8.1(OutkastM) after a scheduled shut-down.

Is there a way to make the emby server update permanent?

Thanks!

Hi, can you remove the 3.2.8 install? They're actually two separate things I would think. Our package was developed independently.

Hi luke,

Thank you for your fast reply. I can uninstall the emby server if that what your asking?
And after unstalling load the module via Manual Install?

I uninstalled the emby server and loaded the new emby server module via Manual Install.
Only after doing so I only see Emby server 3.2.8.1 (OutkastM) in available Thecus app list.
Should the ne module also be visable in that same list?

Hi Luke, thank for your help I think I got it.

Installed only your module and got to server dashboard via browser.

Have good one! 

Hi Luke,

I like to know how I can start the emby server after an scheduled power down. 

At this moment I use the upload module method to install latest Beta module and then it will also start the emby server.

Is there maybe a way to make a emby shortcut on the desktop?

Thanks!

Edited by Tdelfin

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Luke,

I noticed after installing latest  beta (emby-server-thecus_4.4.0.11_x86_64) that there is a new  "EmbyServer" module visable. Thank you for this!

And now I am able to make a thecus desktop shortcut to it. I noticed that the shortcut is trying to open the http web interface.

But sadly it can't reach the webpage because the Emby server isn't started yet.

When I used the Emby server module from OutkastM there was option to start the server. I think it was at the  Application control option.

thecus4.png
If I could have this  option back I think could start the server from there.

Thanks! 

Edited by Tdelfin

And now I am able to make a thecus desktop shortcut to it. I noticed that the shortcut is trying to open the http web interface.

But sadly it can't reach the webpage because the Emby server isn't started yet.

I don't quite understand. Why not just wait for the server to finish starting?

Sorry, I think we don't understand each other.

Because how do I know it is starting the emby server while the browser is telling me it can't connect to the server adress?

Example:
I shutdown my nas and then restarted it again. From the desktop I use the EmbyServer shortcut  and it opens my opera webbrowser.
Then the webbrowser wants to connect to http://192.168.0.200:8096 only it telling me it can't connect! "Site is unreacheable" etc..  

At that moment I waited for awhile and refreshed the page only nothing seems to happen?

How am I able to tell that the server is starting in the background?

If I re-install the EmbySever module via manual install the server is started right away. So I don't understand why it would take so long by using the desktop shortcut?
And therefore I have metioned OutkastM solution so I can start the server from that Emby screen.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Luke,

I thought the problem was solved but it isn't .

Because today I did see the server didn't start automaticaly when my Thecus was powered on (for several hours).

I maybe thought it was solved because I forgot that I uploaded the new emby server application to my NAS that day.

In the meantime I will try every new Emby BETA build to see what happens and start the server in that way.

Thanks!

Edited by Tdelfin

When I want to start the Emby server I upload the Emby server module from your website (thecus x64 beta).
After installing the module the emby server will also automaticaly start.

I don't know how to start the Emby server in a different way because the shortcut only tries to open the server adress which it can't reach.

Do you have a solution to manually start the emby server?

• 4 weeks later...
outkastm

On my N5810 it start perfectly and automatically after restart, i don't think is an issue with the Emby module.

You can do a test:

stop all you running modules except Emby

check if the Emby is well accessible

restart the NAS and see if the Emby is started automatically.

Maybe you have a module which is stuck on the startup process and it blocks other modules in the queue for starting.

Tdelfin

Hi Outkastm,

Thank you for your reply and your possible solution. 
In the meantime I have like asked uninstalled several not needed modules and deactivated module FFmpeg and mono. 
Then I installed latest Emby beta 4.4.0.30.  And this module is the only active module on my NAS right now.

Did the test and rebooted the NAS. Sadly the Emby server did not start automaticaly. 
However I did find a new way to start te Emby server. When I deactivate the Emby server module and then activate it the server will start.

@@Luke
I have enabled debug logging and rebooted the NAS again.
Because server didn't start I deactivated the module and activated it again to start it.
Then I saved the Emby server log file.

Thanks!

embyserver.txt

embyserver-63720392271.txt

Because server didn't start I deactivated the module and activated it again to start it.

Ok so now you know how to start it?