Live TV IPTV (M3U) playback repeat

grizlyadams
Go to solution Solved by kanipek,

grizlyadams

Hello,

I have livetv set up to use an m3u file. It mostly plays back ok, but sometimes it plays about 15 to 30 seconds, then repeats that same 15 to 30 seconds. Sometimes it will do that between one and 3 or 4 times (repeat the same 15 seconds) and sometimes it will do it once and carry on playing and be fine thereafter. Sometimes however, it will never break out of that repeat loop and will just constantly re-play the same 15 to 30 second clip over and over.

This doesn't happen if i play the same m3u with VLC or the IPTV provider's app, so my assumption is that it is not the stream that's the problem, it is emby.

I currently use xTeVe as an m3u proxy to filter the channels and manage the EPG that emby does not do/provide, but I have turned off the caching in xTeVe so it just hands off the stream to the client (emby). The same thing happens (the 15 to 30 second repeat) in emby if i specify the m3u directly in  emby and do not use xTeVe. so its not xTeVe proxy that is causing the problem. I can also see in the xTeVe logs that the url is being haded off to emby.

emby runs in a docker in Unraid on an HP Microserver Gen8 with a Xeon® CPU E3-1230 V2 @ 3.30a with 10GB ram which is at about 45% utilisation.

Anyone seen this before and have any suggestions?

thanks

kanipek

I am also seeing this same behavior. Windows 10 here.

Have to upload a log when it happens next. Seems a bit odd to me that it has that behavior. I would "think" it either do it always or never.

kanipek

Okay here is a log from a time frame when this repeat happened

I started playing around 1415 and the channel played great for around 1 hour so 1515 or right around that time then began looping.

Logs were sanitized.

embyserver.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-dc7b4408-d55d-43c9-921e-7021132ff0df_1a.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-a4116550-3ec3-448f-aea9-77a8cf485b7b_1a.txt

Beaker1966

I installed VLC on my sheild and then set EMBY to use external player when playing Live TV..

Works great while the bugs are sorted out.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Okay here is a log from a time frame when this repeat happened

I started playing around 1415 and the channel played great for around 1 hour so 1515 or right around that time then began looping.

Logs were sanitized.

If you happen to experience this regularly, then you should contact (or change) your stream provider. 

5e428fd690ab5_reliable_hls.jpg

The log is full of errors about the actual stream content and in the log section above, the stream server replies with 500 multiple times.

I'm afraid, but this stream is faulty and there's not much that we can do about it. The log above is from ffmpeg, so when you say that its working fine in VLC, it might very well be true that VLC is a bit more tolerant about damaged streams than ffmpeg, but that's pointless in the end - you'll need to find a more professional provider than that.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
kanipek

Has this response satisfied your concerns?

I don't know if you were directing this to me - But @@softworkz SS was what I needed. Went back to the provider and looks to me like they changed the source for MLB. No issues with it in the last few days. Still working on WGN which is what I PM'd about.

kanipek

I don't know any of SS, MLB and WGN..

SS - screenshot of the log

MLB was the channel in the log

WGN is the channel I PM'd about - I am still working that issue at the provider end

SS - screenshot of the log

MLB was the channel in the log

WGN is the channel I PM'd about - I am still working that issue at the provider end

Thanks for the explanation. Please let us know how it works out!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution
kanipek

Thanks for the explanation. Please let us know how it works out!

So my issue with MLB (Also with WGN via PM) has been resolved.

I don't know if it is related to changes made by the provider(different sources) or any changes within Emby - but it is resolved for both.

Thanks for your help and @@Luke!

• Like 1