server disconnecting

drevokocur

drevokocur

hi, I'm using the latest media server version (windows 10) as well as the latest lg tv webos app. it often happens, while navigating through the the gui of the tv, that the loading icon is shown and the server becomes unresponsive. if I go to the "connect server" menu, it won't find the server which was connected couple of seconds ago. I'm connecting to an internal ip address. the only solution is to either restart the emby server or the lg tv emby app. there is nothing in the log, just a connection from the app and that's it, no other info after the problem occurs - I can attach the log though. the connection between the server pc and the tv is ok - e.g. the plex tv app + plex server are working ok, I can connect to the windows pc via dlna app of the lg tv. so, it comes down to the problem only being in the emby server/emby lg tv app. any idea, what's wrong? thanks

drevokocur

hi Luke, I found out there's a problem with the trakt.tv plugin

the trakt.tv pin is correct. any idea?

2020-01-25 17:59:14.765 Error Trakt: Error sending scrobble
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.3.1.0
    Command line: C:\Users\Storage\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
    Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: True
    User Interactive: True
    Runtime: file:///C:/Users/Storage/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
    Processor count: 4
    Program data path: C:\Users\Storage\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
    Application directory: C:\Users\Storage\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
    MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: Unauthorized
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
     at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.<>c__DisplayClass34_0.<<PostToTrakt>b__0>d.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
     at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.Retry[T](Func`1 function)
     at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.PostToTrakt(String url, Object data, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TraktUser traktUser)
     at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.RefreshUserAuth(TraktUser traktUser, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
     at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.SetRequestHeaders(HttpRequestOptions options, TraktUser traktUser, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
     at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.PostToTrakt(String url, Object data, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TraktUser traktUser)
     at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.SendMovieStatusUpdateAsync(Movie movie, MediaStatus mediaStatus, TraktUser traktUser, Single progressPercent, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
     at Trakt.ServerMediator.KernelPlaybackStopped(Object sender, PlaybackStopEventArgs e)
    Source: Emby.Server.Implementations

TargetSite: Void MoveNext() 

drevokocur

well, even though I uninstalled the trakt plugin ,the problem occurs again. mostly, when I watch a movie for a couple of minutes, the stop the movie and return the dashboard, I'm not able to do anything - I can browse the dashboard, but I'm not able to display a movie detail etc. becaue it won't load.

attached is the log.

drevokocur

emby2.txt I'm sorry, the log is attached. The movie was playing, then I returned to movie details, then back to the homescreen. If I try to open another movie, it won't display/load. The same goes for any other media I try to open from home screen. If I click the "select server" from upper right menu, it displays the server, but says "connection failure". I restarted the server then and the tv app started working again.

Edited by drevokocur

Hi there @@drevokocur, are you still running into this? I think you supplied me with the log file after the crash occurred, but what I really need is the previous log from when it actually happened. 

Thanks.

drevokocur

hi luke, sorry for the late reply. I re-checked the log, I do not recall what time the problem occured. I will send you a new one once it happens again - and yes, it's still disconnecting

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 3/10/2020 at 8:25 PM, Luke said:

Hi there @@drevokocur, we're about to release Emby Server 4.4. Can you please re-evaluate with that once available? Thanks !

Hi! I've got the exact same problem

I'm running latest version of Emby server on my Windows 10 desktop and stream it to my LG TV (with latest WebOS and latest version of Emby app). I watch the movie for about 30 minutes and then the app on LG just pause the playback, after which I only see the circle spinning. I restart the app on LG, but cannot connect to server. Then I go to my PC, refresh the page and now I'm able to connect again. It looks, like my PC drops the connection after certain amount of minutes. But it's weird, because I have «never» in «go to sleep» in windows settings

I attach the logs for you

btw, thank you for this amazing piece of software!

embyserver.txt

@ommazh is the server machine actually sleeping when this happens? I see you're on windows, and we do actually have some handling to keep the windows machine awake during playback, so you shouldn't have to do anything. But it's always possible that what we're doing doesn't cover every single scenario that could possibly happen.

@LukeHey! I actually got what was happening. My transcoding folder was on my system drive (which doesn't have a lot of space on it — something like 20Gb left), and the movie overfilled it quickly. So I changed the cache and transcoding folders' destinations and everything's OK now!

Edited by ommazh