#1 aussiedropbear OFFLINE  

aussiedropbear

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Local time: 07:33 AM

Posted 20 January 2020 - 01:11 AM

Hello all,

First a little background..

I have just moved over from Plex as essentially there is no support coming through on the forums and they have no guide for the Live TV on Xbox; Emby does :) . I was only using Plex for about a month as a test.

I have Emby installed on a moderately capable machine (Corei5, 16Gb ram) and the app installed to the Xbox One X. I have purchased a HD Homerun Quattro Connect. I run the Xbox through a Yamaha 9.1 channel receiver.

Prior to Plex, I had been using Windows Media Centre for many years and this served me very well but with Win7 now coming to an end I feel i must move on. The PC is still win7 but I will be upgrading this to win10 very soon.

Issue I am experiencing..

When watching Live TV via the Xbox, many of the shows do not process the sound into a basic pro-logic or even a 5.1 sound. It sounds like stereo but sounds more like mono on both the front channels with nothing out of the centre channel. For example, windows Media Centre using the PC's quad TV card, streams the playback of the sound correctly.

I'm at a loss how to correct this. Is it a setting in Emby or the Xbox or both?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Edited by aussiedropbear, 20 January 2020 - 04:16 AM.

#2 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 148996 posts
  • Local time: 03:33 PM

Posted 20 January 2020 - 03:47 PM

Hi, is this only on live TV and not video files? Have you configured your Xbox system audio settings?

#3 aussiedropbear OFFLINE  

aussiedropbear

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Local time: 07:33 AM

Posted 20 January 2020 - 04:01 PM

Hi,

Yes this issue is only on playback of live TV. (PS I am in Sydney, Australia)

Playing my collection of movies that are mp4 or mkv format have no problem in playing back the discrete surround tracks encoded in those files.

So configuring the Xbox I didn't think I needed to as those movie files were working ok.

Thanks.

Edited by aussiedropbear, 20 January 2020 - 04:02 PM.

#4 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 148996 posts
  • Local time: 03:33 PM

Posted 22 January 2020 - 12:45 PM

Ok I'll see if I can chase this down. It's probably still worth looking at the system audio settings. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users