Synology Emby Server NOT REMOTELY CONNECTING

zlosacker

zlosacker

Hey there! I’m sure this issue has come up many times in the past with people not being able to remotely connect to their Emby remotely. I have the server installed on my Synology NAS, and is running, but I cannot connect to it remotely. When I am local, it works perfect! But away from home, I get nothing. Help?

Edited by zlosacker

zlosacker

I've done all the steps listed in the wiki, and even did some advanced things with certs and stuff like that. It still didn't work, even after I took care of that. So I undid everything and went ahead and reopened the ports I needed to. My computer can be seen using the website at the bottom of the page.

zlosacker

No. I’m still not able to connect remotely. And when I try and log on through Emby Connect, I get a loop back response, which won’t allow me to access my server outside of my home network. I have no clue what I’m doing wrong in this whole process...Aside from my Emby Server being on my Synology NAS, but that shouldn’t matter if I’ve configured it correctly, right?

zlosacker

I don't have an explanation, but I'm finally able to remotely connect to my Emby Server.  And Quick Connect is disabled.  I'm not sure if that made the difference, but I am all good to go now!  Thank you for your help Luke!  I appreciate it!