TVDB no primary cover images and wrong metadata language

unnamed8848

unnamed8848

I know, we probably all have issues with thetvdb, but I haven't found anyone having the problem I have.

I'm using the latest version of the plugin as of today. All the metadata gets downloaded in english, even though german is selected. And it doesn't find any primary cover images, all others e.g. background are found.

unnamed8848

Of course, it has multiple languages for the text and images, including german. But I observed something interesting, if I switch the image metadata language for the library to english, I get cover images with the edit images option ( but only in english )

Dibbes

I don't have any libraries in German and the default for my server is set to UK English, I do not see this issue with the two movie libraries I've set to Spanish and Dutch respectively...

The only thing I do see is this issue, which I do not believe is really an issue:  https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/79172-ik-wil-season-inplaats-van-seizoen/&do=findComment&comment=834009

@@unnamed8848 Can you step by step write down what to do to reproduce this issue, please?

• 2 weeks later...
Happy2Play

Yes, I made a quick screen recording: https://gfycat.com/blindcomposedagama

@@Luke in this this example a Spanish language image appears for all translations on TVDB, but Emby does not see it if all languages are selected.

Setting preferred download language to Spanish, the image appears from TVDB.

But my system returns images from FanArt in en, and it when all languages is selected.

tested on Windows 4.4.0.11 

TVDB 1.0.28.0

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
unnamed8848

Any news on this? Still have this problem... The solution would be just to download in another language if the preferred one isn't found. Before theTVDB changed their API a while ago, this was the case.

Happy2Play

There are to many issues with TVDB to do anything right now.  Best bet if possible is try TMDB.

I really don't see anything changing until TVDB release v4 api, as that is where they are pushing all their fixes to current issues or v3 shortcomings.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
ricknds

I had the same problem here. The only way to import images from TVDB was to choose English in the image search settings.

Even the option to choose all languages (when looking for an image) didn't show anything if my real language (Brazilian Portuguese) was selected.

• Like 1

On 20/08/2020 at 20:41, ricknds said:

I had the same problem here. The only way to import images from TVDB was to choose English in the image search settings.

Even the option to choose all languages (when looking for an image) didn't show anything if my real language (Brazilian Portuguese) was selected.

Exact same problems, but for german movies.

In addition, it would be really nice if the image search falls back to english images (or a configurable fallback language) if there are no german ones, as requested here too:

I hope this feature is going to be added, I currently have a lot of missing posters. Thanks