Roku client fails to trigger playback.pause and playback.unpause events

drait
Go to solution Solved by drait,

I wrote a quick webhook in python/Flask that I'm using to catch playback events from the Emby server to handle some home automation stuff. Everything seems to be working fine, except for the playback.pause and playback.unpause events when pausing and unpausing from my Roku STBs. I have 3 Roku Premiere+ devices, and they all seem to exhibit the same behavior. I've tried both the play/pause button on the Roku remote, as well as the pause button in the OSD and neither seem to trigger those events. They do properly trigger playback.start and playback.stop though. 

Testing from my Emby client on my Android device and the Emby Web Client on my PC both trigger those 2 events, so it seems to be just the Roku clients. 

Any help would be appreciated.

The beta app triggers the events properly when using the OSD play/pause, but when using the Roku remote button, the pause event triggers, but not the unpause event.

but when using the Roku remote button, the pause event triggers, but not the unpause event.

Not sure how that could be different but @@speechles can you please look at this?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Solution

Sorry for the super delayed response. But I just got around to testing 3.0.214 and it works great. All the events are being triggered exactly as expected. 

Thanks!

• Like 1