Generated thumbnails not loading in Firefox

heimer

Hi,

On Firefox 72.0.1 the thumbnails fail to load with the exception of maybe one random image when scrubbing. On chromium however the thumbnails display just fine. Anything I could do about that? I'm happy to provide server logs if necessary.

Strange, nothing obvious here. Does the browser debug console show any errors?

I'm not sure what to look for in the debugger on Firefox. If it's any help, I tested firefox on windows and arch linux and both don't show thumbnails.

Happy2Play

I am not seeing any issue on FF 72.0.2 on Windows.  I get new images at the set "Thumbnail images interval:".

I'm not sure what to look for in the debugger on Firefox. If it's any help, I tested firefox on windows and arch linux and both don't show thumbnails.

Can you show a screenshot?

Ok so they are showing, it's just slow to fill them in. Yes we can look at improving that. Thanks.

They're not loading at all during an entire movie. It just stops like that. Only one thumbnail can be seen.

• 1 month later...

I have to revive this because I whatever I do I'm not seeing the thumbnails. Looking at the network console in Firefox I can see that the thumbnails are in fact loading successfully without issues. They just aren't displaying. I noticed that safari too doesn't show them for me. Only chromium based browsers display them.

I am not seeing any issue on FF 72.0.2 on Windows.  I get new images at the set "Thumbnail images interval:".

Because you can see them I can only assume this is something that has to do with the way I'm hosting my emby server. I'm using a docker reverse proxy setup that's based on this tutorial. Linuxserver/letsencrypt container on top of the official emby container.

The firefox video osd seems to be behaving a bit differently than the other browsers. On chrome I only need to hover the timeline to see thumbnails. In firefox I have to click and drag. Maybe this could have something to do with this?

Edited by Mannerheim

Hi, the 4.4 release is coming soon so i would suggest trying that once available. Thanks.

• 3 months later...
mueslo

I recently enabled thumbnail generation, however, I am not seeing thumbnails at all in the seek bar. It is set to "chapter" markers. The seek bar popup only shows a large text with the timestamp when seeking (no space for thumbnail). Yes, the thumbnail generation already finished weeks ago, when I enabled it.

How do I set this up to work? I can see the scene thumbnails on the movie details page, but not on the seek bar. Do the seekbar thumbnails only work if you select the 10s-thumbnail generation? That would be very unfortunate :(

Edited by mueslo

Happy2Play
39 minutes ago, mueslo said:

I recently enabled thumbnail generation, however, I am not seeing thumbnails at all in the seek bar. It is set to "chapter" markers. The seek bar popup only shows a large text with the timestamp when seeking (no space for thumbnail). Yes, the thumbnail generation already finished weeks ago, when I enabled it.

How do I set this up to work? I can see the scene thumbnails on the movie details page, but not on the seek bar. Do the seekbar thumbnails only work if you select the 10s-thumbnail generation? That would be very unfortunate :(

@Luke should this work with Chapter images or only with interval images?  Did a quick test and it only worked with interval images.

Same results in Chrome and Firefox.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2020 at 9:36 PM, Happy2Play said:

not seeing thumbnails at all in the seek bar. It is set to "chapter" markers. The seek bar popup only shows a large text with the timestamp when seeking (no space for thumbnail). Yes, the thumbnail generation already finished weeks ago, when I enabled it.

How do I set this up to work? I can see the scene thumbnails on the movie details page, but not on the seek bar. Do the seekbar thumbnails only work if you select the 10s-thumbnail generation? That would be very

@Happy2Play yes the seek slider only uses thumbnail images.