Differing transcoding/bitrate options depending on LAN or not

mobamobamoba

mobamobamoba

This is a feature request: Would it be possible for the plugin to allow for 2 servers, one on the LAN and one on the WAN and have different bitrate/transcoding options for each and, even better, automatically switch between them depending on whether or not the plugin detects your Emby server is reachable on the LAN? I have Kodi on an external device that I take with me when I travel and, when I'm at home, it's connected via Ethernet so can direct stream everything regardless of bitrate; when I travel, I'd rather limit the bitrate and allow the server to transcode and I'd prefer to do this without having to retype everything multiple times.

The browser version of Emby allows for different transcoding options depending on whether or not you're connected to the LAN, but of course you can also save bookmarks in a browser and easily make a LAN connection or a WAN connection without having to retype and reset everything and I was wondering if it would be possible to do something similar in Kodi especially since Kodi is installable on so many portable devices.

Thanks.