Library of home videos and some folders not being added during scan

Fred1spark

Fred1spark

Hi,

I am a new user.   I successfully created libraries for TV, Movies and, Music.   No issues.    I have a large collection of home movies and only some folders and some movies within them are being added.   I thought it may be a file format thing but I recently made a 2 part video in the same format and compression and one shows up fine and the other does not.  Only difference is the one not showing up is a larger file.    I have recreated the library and removed the old one.  I have moved the files around and isolated the ones not showing.   I once got one of the non-cooperating files to add so it can see them.  I have read oodles of the thread and see no solution.   Lost on what to try next.

Edited by Fred1spark

Fred1spark

I will do my best.   Here is the top folder structure

5e20b3e550eb0_topstructure.png

Here is what i see in my Library at the same tree level

5e20b5092b79a_embytoplevel.png

So at this point I am ok.    For two folders there is only one file in them and so Emby skipped showing the folder that holds them and shows the video file.

Now In the Africa Folder.It looks like this on my PC

5e20b5900e61f_Africafolder.png

When I click on the Africa folder in Emby I get this:

5e20b5f01ee66_aFRICAeMBY.png

This is where things start going wrong.  The movie files showing are NOT the only ones in there subsequent folders.   For example it shows the movie file Morocco Disk 1 but in the Morocco folder is also Morocco Disk 2 video file.   

As you see below the contents of the Morocco folder.   I also see the are .bif files for both but no nfo file for disc 2.

5e20b72167788_moroccofolder.png

So this is the same with other files in this folder tree.   I do realize now that the folders that I earlier said are missing, is caused where there is only one file in the folder OR it thinks there is only one file in that folder.  So I get the logic there and in actuality all folders I believe would show if it was recognizing that there are more than one file in that folder.   

Hope that helps.

Fred1spark

No not really.   Don't let the names fool you.    The files (mostly mp4) where at a time burnt to a disk and thus got their name.  But the they are just simply video files.

Fred1spark

I have found a work around.   I don't know what was wrong with my naming convention and that it should be the issue but it seems it is.   If I remove the word "part"  or "disc"  from the file name they all show up.  Not an explanation to the cause but it works.

Thanks Luke for your help.   It would be great to see this fixed but if someone else is having this issue at least there is work around.   Rename the files.

I'm pretty sure they were all detected before, just as multi-part videos. If you click on the first one, on the detail screen for that part you'll see part 2 there.