jfarre20
Go to solution Solved by jfarre20,

jfarre20

I am running the dev channel of chrome, and recently after the 37.0.2054.3 dev-m update, I have been unable to use the web interface. I have tried resetting the browser, removing extensions, etc.

My problem is that I cannot navigate in the UI - clicking anything causes the spinning circle animation to appear in the center of the window and nothing else. If I keep refreshing, sometimes I can get the page link to redirect me to the next page. 

I have tried Internet Explorer and Chrome 35 (stable) - they work fine.  Only dev channel chrome fails. 

Has anyone else had this behavior occur?

Is this a Google Chrome issue, or a media browser server issue?

I cannot seem to find anything in the logs that would give me further details on the issue, it all looks normal. 

Edited by jfarre20

Koleckai Silvestri

I don't have the same issues in Chrome 35, which is the current release. They have created large problems in development branches in the past though. If you press F12 and look at the developer tools, are there any errors shown under Network or the Console?

seanbuff

My problem is that I cannot navigate in the UI - clicking anything causes the spinning circle animation to appear in the center of the window and nothing else. If I keep refreshing, sometimes I can get the page link to redirect me to the next page. 

*phew* thought this was only isolated to myself, glad someone else has experienced this issue too.

I am also running Version 37.0.2054.3 dev-m (64-bit) and am experiencing the same symptoms that OP has indicated.

Perhaps it's a Chrome [dev] issue?

• Solution
jfarre20

*phew* thought this was only isolated to myself, glad someone else has experienced this issue too.

I am also running Version 37.0.2054.3 dev-m (64-bit) and am experiencing the same symptoms that OP has indicated.

Perhaps it's a Chrome [dev] issue?

Since you are experiencing it too - sounds like a chrome issue. I'll report it to Google.

jfarre20

I don't have the same issues in Chrome 35, which is the current release. They have created large problems in development branches in the past though. If you press F12 and look at the developer tools, are there any errors shown under Network or the Console?

Chrome 35 works fine for me too, however they block third party extensions now - so I have to use the dev channel if I want YouTube center without the nag screen. 

Dev console shows no errors besides the some extension resource issues (which shouldn't be related)

Update: I think I may have got something - after clicking on stuff with it in its "frozen" state, I got this message to appear:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 400 (ArgumentException) http://MYDNSADDRESS:8096/mediabrowser/dashboard/scripts/jquery.mobile-1.4.2.min.map
keyCode 123

Oddly enough, I found that the page doesn't lock-up as much when the dev console is open. Can someone else try this? Open the F12 console and refresh the page, it should respond to your actions now - no spinning loading icon. 

Edited by jfarre20

Koleckai Silvestri

I've been told the min.map file is only used when you're in developer mode for Google.

The denial of non-store scripts is annoying. They should let us decide or not.

pgriffith

Definitely a Chrome issue, doesn't work for me on the server itself, my main machine, my machine at work, and doesn't work when remotely managing my sisters machine at her place.

Works like a charm in IE11  (never thought I'd hear myself say that)  :)