Fire Cube DLNA

Scott310

Scott310

Hey Guys,

I have a fire cube and I started using the Alexa Skill recently. First it has trouble hearing the invocation name correctly. So I created a routine with a different Invocation name as I have detailed in another post but I won't get into that here.

My question is if the cube has been restarted or the emby app hasn't been used in a while (therefore probably not running in the background) the Alexa skill will not be able to find the player unless you manually open the app.

With three kids I just wanted to be able to shout out the movie the kids want to watch.  This does work some of the time but only if the app is somehow still running in the background (I think).

From the looks of it the emby app is not putting out an always on DLNA receiver from the app. So I downloaded a DLNA app from the amazon appstore onto the fire cube. This is working pretty well and will always throw on the movie weather the app is open or not.

My question is.  Shouldn't this be something the emby app can do itself? I know that a major competitor (that I will not name here) does this. Or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.