No compatible streams are currently available.

CopiousEnnui

CopiousEnnui

I'm runnning EmbyServer on my Unraid server and it works great. However, after a certain amount of time, the when I go to play media on any device, I will get this message 'No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details.' The server itself is still functional: I can still configure things, mess with settings etc. However, I can not play any media.

The fix I've found for this right now, albeit a poor one, is to simply delete my library folders and then recreate them. After this, I can watch media again, but then the issue will occur again in a few days or so. This is really frustrating, especially since I have EmbyPremiere and I have to keep remapping my library just to watch media.

Can anyone help me fix this issue permanently? Cheers.

CopiousEnnui

Click more reply options next to Post.

Okay here are the logs from today.

Edited by CopiousEnnui

Hi, I'm experiencing this same error on Linux Mint 19.3 Tricia (MATE) x64.  I can perform all the regular functions of managing the server but when I try to playback media I get the same error as the OP "Playback error. No compatible streams are currently available". If you'd like logs please let me know! Thanks. 

EDIT: The error listed above occurs when I try to playback within Firefox. However, when I try to playback on my Roku, I get a different error that I imagine is related to the same root problem : "Playback Error - No Valid Bitrates"

Edited by Zaevin

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm experiencing this same error on Linux Mint 19.3 Tricia (MATE) x64.  I can perform all the regular functions of managing the server but when I try to playback media I get the same error as the OP "Playback error. No compatible streams are currently available". If you'd like logs please let me know! Thanks. 

EDIT: The error listed above occurs when I try to playback within Firefox. However, when I try to playback on my Roku, I get a different error that I imagine is related to the same root problem : "Playback Error - No Valid Bitrates"

Hi there @@Zaevin, can we please look at an example? Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks !