#1 ginjaninja OFFLINE  

ginjaninja

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1653 posts
  • Local time: 08:38 AM
  • Locationuk

Posted 14 January 2020 - 05:17 PM

I noticed i had two artist objects with same name for what should have been 1 single artist.

They had different mbzids in "edit metadata" (there were no ids embedded in id3 tags) - so that made sense (in correct identification)

I ran a re-identify against 2nd object  using mbzid of 1st object, expecting the 2nd artist and its content to be merged with 1st.

instead i ended up with still 2 objects both with same mbzid.

mbzid is a unique primary key for an aritst, so i dont think it should be possible to have two artists with the same mbzid?

FWIW removing the content of the 2nd object and re adding to library sorted everything out.

#2 Happy2Play OFFLINE  

Happy2Play

Trial and Error

• Moderators
  • 17143 posts
  • Local time: 12:38 AM
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 14 January 2020 - 05:27 PM

Since each item already had a item id, one would have to be removed, then re-added to resolve the separate database ids.

#3 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 146246 posts
  • Local time: 03:38 AM

Posted 14 January 2020 - 05:32 PM

It's not about changing the information of the artist so much as it is changing the artist that is tagged to the media items. Once they're all tagged to the same one, the duplicate will go away.

#4 ginjaninja OFFLINE  

ginjaninja

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1653 posts
  • Local time: 08:38 AM
  • Locationuk

Posted 14 January 2020 - 05:35 PM

I just presumed content showing under a duplicate artist was tagged to that duplicate artist (else the content would not show up under it?), i didnt go and check the artist assigned to each piece of content showing up under said artist. if it happens again i will do.

Edited by ginjaninja, 14 January 2020 - 05:41 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users