Introduce yourself...

Airbender

candybar213

Welcome @@nabsboss being an it guy and liking the mb3 I am sure if you stick around the forums you will enjoy it too lots of interesting people to talk to and you will know all the newest features coming down the pipe.

The candybar

Hi ! I did a donate but no email registration code :(

Édit: i get it !! Thanks :)

Good day,

Give it time, or check the spam folder at your email.

If still, please use the tut for "Help" menu:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/692-mb3-server-setup-and-configuration/&do=findComment&comment=24085

You need to do this:

Abo1-62.jpg

Then check again your email.

My best

nabsboss

I hope too :) Thanks candybar213 ;)

I'll donate probably tonight or tomorrow for support the project ;)

I saw that they give us a code but i don't know why we need it :( ?? Is there a topic that explain this ? Thanks

Edited by nabsboss

PBzeer

First got into MB when I started ripping my DVD's. I'm a retired guy, living on a boat, staying in NC for awhile. My computer skill level is right around the "know enough to screw things up level", but am learning quite a bit here on the forum. Oh yeah, I'm one of about 13 people in the country that doesn't own a TV.

My laptop is my main info source, be it news, sports, weather, whatever. Aside from that, I spend most of my time making slideshow music videos and the graphics to go with them (mostly altering stuff from the Web). Currently trying to learn enough PowerDirector 12 to see if it's worth buying, but, like Photoshop, it seems a bit involved (which is why my main graphics program is still PicturePublisher 8 from back in the '90s)

Really enjoying MB3, and appreciate the efforts of all involved to make it a reality.

StrayDogJoe

Hi .Just got rid of Foxtel and exploring MB3 .Having a few issues but nothing that ca't be fixed.Generally very happy.Congrats to the Dev's.Ok where's the best place to post to ask stupid questions please

Edited by StrayDogJoe
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
iPenguin02

Hello all,

I have made the transition from Plex, although MB3 is not as developed as Plex I love the direction it is headed and plan on sticking by the long haul. Already MB3 makes me regret paying for a plex lifetime membership..

Does the donation key last forever? I want to show some support to MB3

Things I love about MB3:

The layout, Ease of settings

Metadata

Creation of accounts (Where plex you had to share your server with others)

MB3 is less resource heavy

DNLA (When i first made the transition to MB3, DNLA was not released yet) good to see there is progress in this field

Things I'd like to see in the future:

Ability to edit layout more (remove tabs and options)

Trailer plugin, only show trailers for movies within your library. (I notice trailers for new upcoming movies show up)

Good job MB3 team.

• Like 1

Welcome.

Does the donation key last forever? I want to show some support to MB3

Yes, once you are an MB Supporter you're always an MB Supporter.  Of course, we do accept repeat donations ;).

• 2 weeks later...
politby

Forgot to do this until now. Can't say I have contributed much - would love to have been able to code - except maybe being the one who made the members at avsforum.com aware of MB. Maybe that recruited one or two to the fan base. ;)  

Edited by politby
  • Like 1

Just thought I would introduce myself.

I am a long time user of xbmc for movies and frontend for games, I am at the stage now where I feel the need for transition and feel that media browser/gamebrowser can offer this for me.

I'm based in the UK.

• 2 weeks later...
dbone1026

dbone1026 from the old community tracker, dbone1026 here :D

Been a big fan of MediaBrowser for a while now and did a bunch of writeups back in day on (mediasmartserver.net). Family life and work have taken over much of my times these days though so I don't write much anymore, or really have time to tinker around with tech goodies. As much as I loved my HTPCs running Media Browser they were just too unreliable for daily use (wife using at home with the kids) so I primarily rely on Dune players for all my media playback.

With the kids hogging up the tv more and more (or the content I want to watch is not age appropriate) I have been watching more of my content on my HP W8 Hybrid Tablet/Laptop. I decided finally this past weekend to give MB3 a shot instead of just using the stock W8 file explorer on my laptop. Installed MB3Server on my WS2012E server and was impressed with how easy the install went. Installed Media Browser Theater on my laptop (once again, a very easy install). So far I have watched several shows streamed from my server and MBT has played them back like a champ. I did a quick test on a few full BR mkv rips and they played fine (although I don't plan on streaming these wireless in general, AC seems to be doing the job though). Next up will be  to test out the Android app (already purchased and installed on my Wife's tablet, so we will see if she has success).

Overall great job by the developers for MB3. Previous to this I had Plex installed on my server, but looks like I will be uninstalling :D

• Like 1

dbone1026

Welcome Back!!

You posted recently on AVSforum in the media browser thread which reminded me I needed to get back here to check things out!

Kevin3824
Hello,

My name is Kevin.I am new to this Forum. So here is a little introduction. I have a background in network support and web design but I do not see myself as a programmer. I have been using WMC for a couple years and have been pretty satisfied with it. However, hearing MS is no longer going to be developing WMC and charging for it as an extra on their windows 8 release that changed a lot for me. I was very upset when I heard that MS was not going to be supporting it in their new XBOX One. Their new system they are trying to market as the center of your home entertainment world is not supporting any media center software they put in an HDMI passthrough though that they say will not effect any signals it passes through.

I was very impressed though when I found Media Browser. I installed the server on the same computer as I have WMC installed. I did this out of habit as I have a solid working network that I stream all my household video over it. It gives me the opportunity to be able to have access to multiple different media center environments at anytime so I can find which suits me best. I am really searching for a solid all around platform that is accessable directly as well as remotely. I would also like to be able to integrate that system into a home automation and security system. It would be nice to be able to control the lighting, temperature, security system network cameras or camera DVRs, and maybe be able to monitor network capable appliances remotely through one system.

I know that concept may not be standard but even if the other developers working on MB are not interested in going down that road it is a path I think I am going to strive to achieve in the long run. It seems to me a media center can and probably should be at the heart of the homes electronic system. My ISP is already offering a package that includes some of this home monitoring and security that I speak of so I am not the only one interested in the automation and security aspect.

My current network Setup is 

1 HP HPE H8-1203 Intel® Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40Ghz 8.00GB RAM 64 bit OS with a Pen input available, LG External BE14NU40 BD-RE burner, Logitech C910 HD Pro Web Cam, Wacom Intuos 3 PTZ-630 Graphics Tablet, Samsung SyncMaster SB350_S27B350H 27" Monitor, Logitech G15 Keyboard, Razor Diamondback mouse, Altec Lansing 5.1 surround sound (WMC,Playon / PlayLater, Plex, XBMC, MBserver, installed).

2 XBOX 360 4GB (Slim) as extenders

1 XBOX 360 Pro (20GB) as extender

1 PS3 Gaming system

1 Nintendo Wii

1 LG Network Blu-Ray Player

1 LG Network Surround sound Blu-Ray built in.

1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Prime Video Gateway HDHR3-CC (type M cable card)

2 WD My Book Live (Cloud) network hard drives

1 WD My Cloud network hard drive

1 Netgear Digital Entertainer Elite EVA-9000 series (with 500 GB HDD)

1 Roku 3 Streaming Player

1 Dlink DCS-932L Network Camera

1 Dlink DIR-865L Router (10/100/1000) Wireless AC1750

1 Motorola Surfboard SB6141 extreme cable modem (Docsis 3.0)

2 Dlink network switches (10/100/1000)

3 Networked Televisions

1 HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Premium Network Printer

I also have various cellphones, tablets, a few laptops that connect to my network but are currently not being used in general as part of this home theater package.

My internet provider here in Scranton, PA is currently Comcast / Xfinity at 50+ Mbps down and about 7-10 Mbps up.

I have been having a problem getting the MB server to connect to the SiliconDust HD Homerun prime video gateway. From reading the forum it may be due to the fact I am only running one computer as an HTPC server on my network.

When I go to a room other then where my server is I can turn on an XBOX 360 and watch or even schedule recordings through the WMC. I have the Roku 3 in my living room connected to a separate HDMI input on that TV and when I choose MB from my menu there I have the same problem of it not being able to see the tuner. Is there a way to plug the Roku 3 in and use it through the WMC to be able to use it anywhere in the house through the extenders?

Hello,
My name is Kevin.I am new to this Forum. So here is a little introduction. I have a background in network support and web design but I do not see myself as a programmer. I have been using WMC for a couple years and have been pretty satisfied with it. However, hearing MS is no longer going to be developing WMC and charging for it as an extra on their windows 8 release that changed a lot for me. I was very upset when I heard that MS was not going to be supporting it in their new XBOX One. Their new system they are trying to market as the center of your home entertainment world is not supporting any media center software they put in an HDMI passthrough though that they say will not effect any signals it passes through.

I was very impressed though when I found Media Browser. I installed the server on the same computer as I have WMC installed. I did this out of habit as I have a solid working network that I stream all my household video over it. It gives me the opportunity to be able to have access to multiple different media center environments at anytime so I can find which suits me best. I am really searching for a solid all around platform that is accessable directly as well as remotely. I would also like to be able to integrate that system into a home automation and security system. It would be nice to be able to control the lighting, temperature, security system network cameras or camera DVRs, and maybe be able to monitor network capable appliances remotely through one system.

I know that concept may not be standard but even if the other developers working on MB are not interested in going down that road it is a path I think I am going to strive to achieve in the long run. It seems to me a media center can and probably should be at the heart of the homes electronic system. My ISP is already offering a package that includes some of this home monitoring and security that I speak of so I am not the only one interested in the automation and security aspect.

My current network Setup is 

1 HP HPE H8-1203 Intel® Core™ i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40Ghz 8.00GB RAM 64 bit OS with a Pen input available, LG External BE14NU40 BD-RE burner, Logitech C910 HD Pro Web Cam, Wacom Intuos 3 PTZ-630 Graphics Tablet, Samsung SyncMaster SB350_S27B350H 27" Monitor, Logitech G15 Keyboard, Razor Diamondback mouse, Altec Lansing 5.1 surround sound (WMC,Playon / PlayLater, Plex, XBMC, MBserver, installed).
2 XBOX 360 4GB (Slim) as extenders
1 XBOX 360 Pro (20GB) as extender
1 PS3 Gaming system
1 Nintendo Wii
1 LG Network Blu-Ray Player
1 LG Network Surround sound Blu-Ray built in.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Prime Video Gateway HDHR3-CC (type M cable card)
2 WD My Book Live (Cloud) network hard drives
1 WD My Cloud network hard drive
1 Netgear Digital Entertainer Elite EVA-9000 series (with 500 GB HDD)
1 Roku 3 Streaming Player
1 Dlink DCS-932L Network Camera
1 Dlink DIR-865L Router (10/100/1000) Wireless AC1750
1 Motorola Surfboard SB6141 extreme cable modem (Docsis 3.0)
2 Dlink network switches (10/100/1000)
3 Networked Televisions
1 HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Premium Network Printer

I also have various cellphones, tablets, a few laptops that connect to my network but are currently not being used in general as part of this home theater package.

My internet provider here in Scranton, PA is currently Comcast / Xfinity at 50+ Mbps down and about 7-10 Mbps up.

I have been having a problem getting the MB server to connect to the SiliconDust HD Homerun prime video gateway. From reading the forum it may be due to the fact I am only running one computer as an HTPC server on my network.

When I go to a room other then where my server is I can turn on an XBOX 360 and watch or even schedule recordings through the WMC. I have the Roku 3 in my living room connected to a separate HDMI input on that TV and when I choose MB from my menu there I have the same problem of it not being able to see the tuner. Is there a way to plug the Roku 3 in and use it through the WMC to be able to use it anywhere in the house through the extenders?

Welcome. Take a look at this.

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/6495-castleos-home-automation-coming-with-mb-support/?hl=castle

• Like 1

maybecrazy

Hello to all, I've just discovered MB, long time Plex user though.

Discovered it because I have just bought an Oppo BDP-103D BR player, it's a great machine but the streaming interface is crap hence my search to find a good interface to push my videos to the Oppo DLNA.

I've installed the latest beta server on my Windows 8.1 PC, all ok so far, on my Samsung windows 8.1 tablet I've purchased the modern MB app and installed, again all good so far.

My problem is that .mkv files won't push and play on the Oppo although they will on my Samsung TV, .mp4 will push no problem to the Oppo. FYI Twonky will push and play the MKVs to the Oppo so I know the Oppo is Capable.

I'm guessing it's player profile issue so to my question..

Is there any ready made profiles anywhere or alternatively what's the best way to create a profile.

Thanks

Welcome!

Please ask your question in the DLNA forum so it will get seen by the appropriate folks.  Thanks.

craigt

Hi All, 

Wow, how things have changed around these parts. MB is looking good, fantastic to see that chocolate is still being used! :)

Anyways, just wanted to say hi and well done! :)

Craig

• Like 3

Maleficarum

Hi guys, long time no see. After a long time away from MB I''ve returned and look forward to getting to grips with MB3.

• Like 1

MrWebsmith

welcome back craigt and maleficarum..nice to "see" some other familiar users around here..

read up and enjoy.. LOTS of great new changes around here to explore and new folks to "meet" 

:)

• Like 1

iPenguin02

Hi Everyone, I'm James.

Found MB earlier this year after searching for a new media server option. Came over from Plex having a lifetime pass with them, pretty disappointed purchased their pass. Been here since and loving all the improvements.

• Like 1

Macburp

Should have posted here long ago.

Been an MB user since upgrading to Windows 7 on launch, loved MB2 and posted at the old tracker. Rather fell out of love with the old tracker after you got rid of the forum set-up. Carried on using MB2 on my extender (and loving it) while looking at alternatives for the extender based on XBMC or Plex on an android platform. Didn't go back and look you guys up - Mediabrowser is for WMC only, right? - until one day something made me think what's happening in the Mediabrowser world. Discovered the new world of MB3, and have not looked back since.

I now have MBC operating on my extender (performance is a bit spotty, but I accept that they are yesterday's tech), a Now TV box for the bedroom which the missus does not like (she's fussy), Android app on the phone (like it) and eagerly await the iPad app. Have used the web client a bit as well, good quality PQ there on my android phone. Have dabbled with XBM3C and MBT also.

Looking forward impatiently to more from you guys, in particular a Linux version of MBT and the 10ft version of the Android app. I'd love to be able to gather together shortcuts to my movie and video collection using MB3, iPlayer, and Spotify into one menu structure thats rather seamless. Maybe I'll get there someday.

Its an amazing thing you guys have done and are doing. Keep it up.