Introduce yourself...

Airbender

• 2 weeks later...

Hi my name is Brett and I have been a long time Kodi/XBMC standalone user.

I had considered switching to a client/server mode quite a few times over the years so I could more easily watch my shows and movies about the house, but it always looked rather time consuming and complicated. Then I kept seeing emby mentioned in the kodi titan skin forums and came over to check it out, I was amazed by how uncomplicated emby looked.

I set it up on my desktop as a trial and played about with it and was very impressed, so this last week I took the plunge and installed it on my kodi server. Aside from the 48 hours it took to scan in my library I found the whole process very easy. 

I am now hooked totally, some of the features I love the most are the Auto-Organize and the ability to edit metadata. I've also been using the trakt addon on kodi for a long while, I am finding the emby integration more stable, though I miss being able to rate my shows as I watch them, its a minor issue. 

Thank you for the great product and great plugins. 

• Like 1

CBers

Aside from the 48 hours it took to scan in my library I found the whole process very easy.

Welcome @@elsker / Brett.

48 hours?

See, now we have to ask how big your library is :)

Hello there people

I'm new to emby but I'm into my streaming media etc hopping for big things from emby . Anyone wanting to share media with me would be welcome

Hola to All!

Real noob here...new to most everything, including Linux, and QNAP TS-251 hosting a test of the Emby server, But, like to learn new things, so ready to go!

Monty

Falke1976

Hello Everyone.

I am a geek, running several servers at home via hyperv and 2008r2. Well we were searching for a nice and easy to configure media server, and now after installing emby i am really satisfied. To be honest, theres something going wrong, having a 16 month old son, and until now about 2000 photos and videos....... but emby makes it easy to show. thanks for that nice software!

• 1 month later...
Dibbes

48 hours?

See, now we have to ask how big your library is :)

Probably a bit big, about 4000 movies and 500 shows. I don't like to throw things out.

I feel your pain... Setting up the server new, takes over a week as the first scan doesn't pick up everything...

Below doesn't include music, games and (audio)books

58e95b3696958_Untitled.png

Edited by Dibbes

clarkss12

I feel your pain... Setting up the server new, takes over a week as the first scan doesn't pick up everything...

I think this is called an "ADDICTION"  haha

• Like 1

elsker

What is this report from, within emby? I have not seen this before. 

And it took a while to setup but I am glad I did Emby is so powerful. I am having some issues with the kodi plugin watched status stuff but they are working on that. My library is so much cleaner now and easier to correct and add new stuff to. Kodi is great I will never stop using it as a front but emby has taken my collection to a whole new level., 

PenkethBoy

Its from the Statistics plugin by @@reggi - its still in Dev so not in the catalog but you can download it from his thread in the plugins sub forum

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Nisten

Hey I'm Nisten,

I've made a couple of posts already but glad to finally introduce myself. 

As an aside, I'm really impressed with Emby and its community  :)  :D

I really started looking into a serious media server solution and I first came across Plex due to a free 6 month promo they were having for the nVidia Shield but it didn't suit my needs nor did it provide enough flexibility or versatility. 

Safe to say, I started using Emby two days later after that and have been using it as my only media server solution since. 

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
Chyron

I'm a new user to Emby, having been using Plex for about a couple of years now. I had long since before that started ripping my movies and TV shows---simply using Windows Explorer on a laptop and local files on a PS3 to watch them. Suffice it to say I'm a big fan of digital (over physical). My main hobby is video gaming and I've been ripping my physical game discs to ISOs for somewhere around the last 15 years now.

I moved to Emby from Plex because the News Feed (which can't be disabled) felt like the last straw in a long line of actions that show Plex has no interest in following user requests. And from what I already can tell, I'm happy with the Emby software and the friendliness of the devs here.

Edited by chyron8472