Introduce yourself...

Airbender

Yep! It's my day job, but I also prefer C# for my personal projects.

Welcome :) .

Contribution is always welcome..

Yep! It's my day job, but I also prefer C# for my personal projects.

Welcome. Please reach out to me if you need anything. And we always have new projects available. If file name matching interests you at all, I'm looking for a developer who knows Xbmc really well who can volunteer for that.

hamstercat

Welcome. Please reach out to me if you need anything. And we always have new projects available. If file name matching interests you at all, I'm looking for a developer who knows Xbmc really well who can volunteer for that.

That sounds interesting, I'd be happy to help out. I'm still having issues with MBT, but I should be able to resolve those this week.

That sounds interesting, I'd be happy to help out. I'm still having issues with MBT, but I should be able to resolve those this week.

Awesome, thanks. Since you know WPF, MBT is also an area you can help, although not on the current branch. Aphid is currently reworking it with all new code.  See

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/blog/1/entry-115-media-browser-theater-preview-2-home-screen-and-item-details/

tobias-tobin

Hello all,

I'm tobias-tobin.  I wrote some mini-apps (technical term for them was: tiny tools) for MB2 then I disappeared for a long, long time.  I started out with 'My Movies' early on and switch to Media Browser and have never looked back.  I am also a fan of metabrowser.  I've been around long enough to know names and that this team works really, really hard.  I try to convince about anyone that will listen to me to setup a HTPC and use MediaBrowser.  I did use Plex for a while for streaming access, but thankfully MB3 has replaced that and it is wonderful.  I didn't realize until today (see, this shows how lame I am) that MB3 was C# and WPF.  I have been trying to learn WPF for a rewrite/update of an app I wrote for work.  I know that WPF is the way of the future but it certainly has a learning curve.  Especially the more I learn.  So hats off to you all for mastering it and putting its power to such good use.  I do not anticipate writing 'tiny-tools' like I used to.  There is really no need these days.  I am a supporter, fan, devotee, and appreciator of everything MB.  I was just reading a thread about people wanting a freeze on the server and focus on MBT.  Since I know what development is like, I know that you cannot make everyone happy all the time.  I'm really pleased with the progress and just wish my screen supported more than 1024x768 so I could take advantage of more of the themes :)

I enjoy programming and do computer support for a living (Indiana University).  The MB team, community, software, forums, all of it is the best experience I've had on the internet.  It is full of talented, kind, hard working people.  I'm happy to have been apart of the community and plan to stay around until Google finds a way to upload movies to my brain.  Or maybe the Oculus Rift?  I don't know...

Peace all and thank you for all of the hard work, understanding, time, and kindness you provide the rest of us.

tobias-tobin.

• Like 2

DurMonAtor

Hi everyone, I've just started using media browser and loved it, so got a lifetime premium pass, I've been using plex in the past but I love the interface of media browser so much more. Plus the rotten tomatoes percentage inclusion is great, lets me see how bad some of my favorite films really are ;), so just dropping by to introduce myself and say thanks and keep the updates coming!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
ToonArmy

Hello all, found this website out via a video on Youtube, it looked brilliant so thought I would give it a try!

It's the only one where I have been able to stream mkv videos to my XboxOne!

Hopefully there are some more tips and tricks I can learn from here, but so far it's great!!

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
the-dumb1

Hi all.  I started out using Plex.  I switched to MediaBrowser once I found out that I could specify actor metadata.  Still have questions, but am looking forward to using MediaBrowser for everything especially since Plex falls significantly short.

• Like 2

Hi all.  I started out using Plex.  I switched to MediaBrowser once I found out that I could specify actor metadata.  Still have questions, but am looking forward to using MediaBrowser for everything especially since Plex falls significantly short.

Welcome!

• 2 weeks later...
t.andre

Hey Everyone,

I have been using media browser since the early releases of version 2, and love it.
Actually I'm developing a plugin for DVBLink Live TV and 50 percent is done.

What's done:
- List of Channels
- Live TV
- Guide

What's left (unordered):
- Recordings
- Series
- Scheduled recordings

My knowledge is :
- C# development
- HTML and JavaScript
- Vb.net
- Database development

I'm available for other projects if you need help.

Cheers

• Like 2

Hey Everyone,

I have been using media browser since the early releases of version 2, and love it.

Actually I'm developing a plugin for DVBLink Live TV and 50 percent is done.

What's done:

- List of Channels

- Live TV

- Guide

What's left (unordered):

- Recordings

- Series

- Scheduled recordings

My knowledge is :

- C# development

- HTML and JavaScript

- Vb.net

- Database development

I'm available for other projects if you need help.

Cheers

Welcome. We're glad to have you. Let me know if you need any information regarding the live TV plugin, and then after if you'd like to take on other projects that would be fantastic.