Introduce yourself...

Airbender

EnemyAce

Hello everyone, I'm Andy. I started out using XBMC, then Plex so I could watch stuff on my Roku, and now I'm trying out Media Browser. I like what I see so far.

• Like 5

swhitmore

Hello everyone, I'm Andy. I started out using XBMC, then Plex so I could watch stuff on my Roku, and now I'm trying out Media Browser. I like what I see so far.

Is it bad that I read this like we are all in an AA meeting :P

• Like 2

EnemyAce

Is it bad that I read this like we are all in an AA meeting :P

Hehe, I would have to say this stuff is addictive.

EnemyAce

I followed a couple of you on Trakt.tv. I wasn't even aware that you could follow other people on there, or at least I couldn't find anyone to follow.

steve265

Hi all,

Real newbie here. Built first HTPC last August and have been using Win 7 WMC mostly for TV showes. Installed MB 2.xx last September & have been sailing along nicely. Needed to ask a ??? about 2.xx last week and found out i needed to get later into the 21st century. So, have been researching MB3 and decided to join the forum and ask ???s about the latest & greatest. Thanks up front for all the hard work for making this happpen and answering my goofy questions.

s

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
mangis

Hi All

Have used Mediabrowser in the past, swapped to mymovies and have now come back. I can see the inevitable demise of WMC as it currently stands - my guess is that it will be removed from the next version of windows in favour of an xbox video implentation - and see this as by far the best product to take it's place.

Not running it in prod yet due to me being an idiot when building my server.

I'm using Storage Spaces on Server 2012 R2 and slightly screwed up, mistakenly created a simple pool that included a few small drives. With simple pools you can't remove drives so now I have to move 10TB to external storage just to remove old 160GB and  250GB drives. Definitely double checking my settings before I implement them this time.

Can't wait to have it up and running properly as I find myself moving media to the test server just to listen / watch stuff on the go as this product is just awesome. Personally I find the best part is they support Windows Phone. It's a fantastic platform that is just completely disregarded in the most part. I can see myself commited to MB in the long term.

Thanks Guys for all your hard work.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Guys

Where is introduce yourself section ? i dont see it

Sorry but i personaly think this section is needed as MB3 Grow

Also Great work guys really Well done to eveyone

Thanks

Hi all,

I'm the latest newbie here, been lurking for a bit now. I'm so new in fact that I don't even have a media server and software setup.

But I'm excited about this project. I have hardware on the way (budget home build) and looking forward to putting everything together.

A big thank you to the devs and community for all you do and look forward to donating how best I can.

I'll leave this post with a brief 'as is' and a brief view on 'to be'. Any feedback is of course welcome.

As is:

Traditional cable and set top box rentals.

Local media library (movies, tv) stored on local NAS.

NZBVORTEX on a mac

WDTV Live SMP on all TVs to stream content

**Noone watches live TV except maybe 10% of total viewing time. What a waste of money. It's mostly Netflix and YouTube for the kids, and local content for wife and I.

To be:

Dedicated media server (a6-6400 on a mini itx gigabyte board in an antek idk 310-150 case, ram, ssd), win7, wmc, server wmc, mb3s

Will setup wmc and mbc on my main for now, run Rokus on the others. Will switch main to mbt when Live TV is added.

Will run Fios over an HD home run prime for now. Maybe I'll switch over to OTA once I see how my family reacts to this new setup.

See anything I'm missing?

Take care and have a great day! Thanks for reading!

Kent

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome the NOOB...me.  44 year old from Memphis, TN.  Just got a HD Homerun Prime and love the possibilities but have lots of questions.  I think I'll go post some now!

shaefurr

Well I'm obviously not new but ill introduce myself for new members, I've been using mediabrowser since mb2. I've tried xbmc and didn't care for it much. I've never tried plex and never will lol.

Anyway I do a lot of stuff in PhotoShop, most my work has been for gamebrowser which is the greatest plugin of all time! :P

I live in the boring desert of new Mexico, been married 8 years and have 4 kids, were a media family and use MB on multiple pcs on a daily basis. I've only had our tv/server off 3 times in the past few years and that was only due to power outages lol. I spend most my time outside PhotoShop watching movies and tv with the family or playing PC games.

I do have strange phases with what I do, ill be in PhotoShop every day for weeks or months, then I won't touch it for a while and play games instead, then ill have a month or two long movie phase or something. I dunno, its weird :P

Sent from my lumia icon

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Kyle Hartigan

Hey Everyone, my Name is Kyle, i have been using media browser since the early releases of version 2, and just love what has been done with media browser 3 so far, and would love to contribute in some way

keep up the awesome work. i will be trying to hang around the forums as much as i can

• Like 3

Kyle Hartigan

Welcome!

Are you a developer?

Hey, No more of a sysadmin / Dev ops / Technical Documentation writer, i am slowly learning development as i work within a team of 15 devs and its helping me to understand what they do 

swhitmore

Technical Documentation writer

If you're available, we could really use someone to help in updating and writing guides etc.

• Like 1

Kyle Hartigan

Hey Guys sure i can help out in that regard, i have a application in mind that is awesome and easy to use 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
thehinch

I'm Derryn and I've been using MediaBorwser for a few years now.  I've gotta say the product is brilliant and the drive for continous improvement is exceptional.  Great work by everyone.  :)

• Like 3

hamstercat

Hello all! I'm hamstercat, I've been a fanboy of XBMC for several years now, bought the original XBOX about six years ago for the whole purpose of running it. Since then I've moved to an HTPC with XBMC running on Linux. I saw MB3 being developed somewhere last year and was intrigued by it, and decided to make the move to it last week after reading through the forums a bit much.

Client/server is what made me switch, I want to have my library on my ipad as well as on my HTPC. The fact that it's written in C# is just a bonus! Now that I made the switch, I'm looking at other stuff like channels and plugins. I'd like to create one as well, I want to have spoiler-less League of Legends VoD straight in MB3 in the same way they are available online on their website right now. I'm still tinkering with MB3 and MBT, but I'm hoping to start work on it in 2-3 weeks. I still haven't installed MB3 definitely on my server, it's running Linux Mint with Snapraid and Samba and acting as a NAS right now.

My only other open-source project contribution is on a metadata editor for XBMC written in WPF I created, it's working well with movies and TV show but it's still a WIP for music... and I'm putting that project on ice for the foreseeable future since MB3 has one built-in. I don't know how much I can/will contribute, but I'll start with my plugin and see from there!

• Like 3