Introduce yourself...

Airbender

Hi and welcome!

The server core is no longer open source but that has not slowed us down at all - or, really, had any impact other than positive ones on our development.

Ok but can we still contribute to the server code?

• 2 weeks later...
ethanmarcos

My Name is Ethan and I have just joined this forum. Looking forward having a great time and also lots of useful information.

Cheers :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
dannymichel

Hi, I'm Danny and I'm a designer.

I've been designing(and coding) for as long as some of you have been alive. My OCD helps.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all!

B.L. Alley here. I'd been using the default app on the Rokus to watch content from the PC and finally decided to try Plex. Unfortunately (or fortunately) Plex was a buggy mess, most notably completely failing to recognize any of my music. My search kept finding the same solution: restructure and label all my music. Pass.

In a stroke of luck I had watched a (terrible) video tutorial about setting up Plex when I noticed one of the recommendations was titled "Plex vs Emby". I didn't watch the video, instead preforming a search of Emby. What I found appeared to be a media server very much like Plex with one exception: it works, and works well. even with a few minor bugs I know will be fixed I love the app. My media has never been easier to organize and enjoy, with so much more detail than i ever had before.

Thanks to the developers.

Hi, welcome, and thanks for the feedback !

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Mario0707

Hi I'm Mario

I was told to send my username and email

Username Mario0707

Email imback0707@gmail.com

Hi I'm Mario

I was told to send my username and email

Username Mario0707

Email imback0707@gmail.com

Hi.  Told by whom?  What can we help you with?

• 3 months later...
GameCube

Hey guys, I spent the longest time tinkering with Plex and having things randomly stop working within the house, we recently changed to Apple TVs and the Plex app is shocking it's a breath of fresh air to have things just work on Emby, no stalls when loading into live tv and no random performance issues keep up the great work :D 

3 hours ago, GameCube said:

Hey guys, I spent the longest time tinkering with Plex and having things randomly stop working within the house, we recently changed to Apple TVs and the Plex app is shocking it's a breath of fresh air to have things just work on Emby, no stalls when loading into live tv and no random performance issues keep up the great work :D 

Hi, welcome and thanks for the feedback !

• 4 weeks later...
Junglejim

Hi guys, I've been using Emby for a few months now and I thought I'd sign in and let you know how much I love this software. I must admit I'm not a premiere user (just local use) but I've unlocked the app on a couple of devices and it looks and performs great!

Thanks for all your hard work.

Cheers

7 minutes ago, Junglejim said:

Hi guys, I've been using Emby for a few months now and I thought I'd sign in and let you know how much I love this software. I must admit I'm not a premiere user (just local use) but I've unlocked the app on a couple of devices and it looks and performs great!

Thanks for all your hard work.

Cheers

Hi and welcome !

• 5 months later...

Hello everyone,

why am I here you ask.

I have been using a Tablo for my ota recordings for some time.  Until recently, Tablo has not been picking up some of the channels and to my understanding they are no going to fix the issue, so I decided to find other resources for ota.  I decided to check out hdhomerun and I bought a HDhomerun connect to experiment with.    The HDhomerun has no issues picking up these missing channels.  But their dvr is certainly alot different I have found than Tablo.  My family had bought me a DS418 and a DS221j(I think).  The DS221 I just use for backing up major files etc.   When I got the DS418 I realized I could use it as a dvr and that is how I found Emby.  Emby of course taught me the importance of transcoding.  Which my DS418 does a bad job at.  I figured I would exchange my connect HDhomerun for an extrend and that would fix all my issues.  Sadly, that didn't fix my issue.   I am not sure if I have to buy a pc just to fix the transcoding issues or what. But I do like Emby and I hoping it will be a solution.  Crossing fingers.

Thanks guys.

• 4 months later...
XcOM9876

Long time lurker, been scouring the forums for advise for a while now, decided to actually get involved as I want to see Emby continue to be the platform of choice for me, long time tech enthusiast, been working in the managed compute industry now for about 12 years, and been involved tech for the last 30.

Currently I am working on developing my own program to interface with a SQL database and to act as a multi client for updating data and generating reports,  and this is done in my spare time when I am not fixing networks, server farms, citrix in general lol.

• 5 months later...
simoncraddock

Hi to the Emby gang and everyone else.

Long time Plex user of 10 yrs (lifetime license holder) but enough is enough so I've purchased a lifetime Emby licence and migrated everything across.

For the best part of 2021 I've been plagued with Plex becoming unresponsive after a few days and it just became tiresome, so here I am...
I trialled Emby earlier in the year for a couple of months and decided to make the jump last week. Plex just seemed to become so complicated under the hood it became its own worst enemy. Emby runs really nice on my QNAP and NVIDia Shield combo.

👌

Edited by simoncraddock
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
gone2ray

Hi all.

I'm Ray, a retired IT Manager.

Choose emby because of easy of remote access for an elderly relative.

Only realise I should of posted here first before posting else where.

My bad.

Keep it sunny side up