Introduce yourself...

Airbender

skynet600

Dear all,

Been out of it for some time now. To my shame I just lost a bit of motivation. I love what you are doing here. It has been a long road for you all but the results are really speaking for themselves. It you will have me I would love to get involved again.

Keep up the good work!

Warmest regards,

Sky.

• Like 1

Dear all,

Been out of it for some time now. To my shame I just lost a bit of motivation. I love what you are doing here. It has been a long road for you all but the results are really speaking for themselves. It you will have me I would love to get involved again.

Keep up the good work!

Warmest regards,

Sky.

Welcome back old friend!

Welcome back. Hopefully things are easier so that they don't require motivation :) And if that's not true, we will make it so.

robistro

Hello peeps! new htpc builder here.  

Reading up on what type of system I really want to move forward with before I start adding all of my media.  Current setup running W7 with WMC / SiliconDust HDPrime and a AMD A8 w/ 4gb ram under the hood.  

Toyed around with Plex, and Xbmc but always find myself going back to Plex due to file sharing and a 'Plex It' icon added to my browser. But run Xbmc to stream video. Really dislike exiting in and out of one program and back into another.  But WMC is only option to view DRM live tv channels from cable provider. :angry:

Hope to learn and receive valuable info from the community!    Thanks to all :)

Maleficarum

Welcome to the community robistro and welcome back Sky !

Hi All,

Got here via ServerWMC/XBMC in an effort to find a no hassle EPG (everything I tried would lock up eventually).

Now on MediaBrowser I am finishing naming,  images...

Bottom line, I love what yall have built.

Easy setup, slick interface and plugins to play with.

Looking forward.

It is appreciated!

• Like 1

MrWebsmith

welcome! glad you found us.. have a look around and hopefully you find the info you may need as you get setup.. make sure to check out all the various forums/clients to cover all that mb3 has to offer!

NeverMore

Hello to all and thank you for letting me join the forum - I've been using the media Browser program for years now and haven't went back to any of the others out there. I was a little leery changing over to the newer versions i.e. server and theater versions but after trying it out I fell in love with them all - even went as far as installing it on my Samsung smart TV (flawless install with the tut I found on the forum) - I will be posting in another area the troubles I am Having with the phone app - Other than that you have struck gold - I will be recommending it to all my friend and family...

• Like 2

denethor

Hi there

It is been a long time since I used MB2. I was a supporter for MB2 but lost faith on it. Used MyMovies for a long time. But when it comes to multiple devices and mobility I also lost faith on MyMovies and moved to Plex. Than I saw the announcement of MB3 on Engadget. Given a try to early betas but did not like it. Because Plex has big advantages over MB3 in the area of Player softwares.
Than I heard LiveTv integrations coming and mobile players poping around to MB3 and said; what the hell lets try it again :) And I'm amazed with the server part of the software. Huge steps. Metadata handling was off the charts. Transcoding is good enough. But to be honest players still needs lots of work.

As a long time HTPC user (since 2007) currently I decided to stick with both Plex and MB3 to see what happens in next 6 months. I'm glad that I'm back here.
I'm experienced in IT for 17 years and my special interest in HTPCs world is LiveTv. Long time (actually since the beginning) community contributor for DVBlink and Steve's lovely EPG Collector. In the sense of HTPC Hardware, experienced in all MACMini' s since 2007. Now I'm switched to Mac Pro because of multiple transcodings and I hate noise.

Thats it for now :)

Edited by denethor
  • Like 1

swhitmore

Thats it for now :)

Don't forget to keep popping by! Development is moving at a very fast pace. I don't think it will be long until MB3 is everything you need it to be.

• 2 weeks later...
CWNashvegas

Hi all! I've been away from the forum for several months, so I just wanted to drop in here and say hello to all those that have joined us since I've been gone. **waves**

• Like 5

FlyGuyAZ

Just popped in from the old community. Love the new server. Bought all the new apps even though I don't have some of the devices. Love the Roku channel. Love you all. Cheers.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
cjackson234

I was a member of the older community and have been a supporter for some time. Just out of interest I checked back in to see what happened since I have been gone. All I can say is WOW. You guys have been busy. To all the devs and admins, my hat is off to you. 

• Like 1

Welcome!

My kids and I will be headed down your way next week for our annual summer respite in Islamorada :).

tacticalcity

i just wanted to say thank you for all the hard work you guys put into MediaBrowser3 and the previous versions. I'm sure I'm coming a little late the party as I have been so happy with your past work I didn't even know there was a new and improved version out there. I had no idea what I was missing.

There are so many cool new features that solve a lot of the problems I've been looking for solutions to for some time built right into it. And the learning curve was pretty minimal considering it is something of a complete rethink with regards to adopting a server & host approach. Thus far it's been pretty great. 

I'm saving a ton of money. No more Netflix subscription. No more Hulu plus subscription.  My media collection puts both those services to shame and now I can access it from anywhere in the world. 

Love the ability to stream my media to the outside world in a user friendly GUI way that is reliable and doesn't constantly fail. Love the ability to stream my media to multiple devices, like my iPhone. Love the idea of being able to run on android computers, as they are pretty inexpensive, though right now I'm still using PCs hooked up to my TVs. Love the idea that it works with internet enabled TVs, even though I have yet to try it. 

Basically, I'm just really enjoying the fruit of your labor.

Yeah, I know. Donate! I will. In the meantime, enjoy the praise from a happy end user.

Edited by tacticalcity
  • Like 4

MrWebsmith

this was a great post to read on an already shitty workday... love it.. thanks and welcome back!