IPTV mapping and channel numbers

grizlyadams

grizlyadams

my emby isn't automatically updating EPG data - is there somewhere i need to set it to do so?  if i click the "Refresh Guside data" button, it works fine.

grizlyadams

Check the schedule of the refresh guide scheduled task. Perhaps you disabled it.

Just checked and there is a "every 24 hours" schedule set up. I've deleted that and set one to run every day at 0300, lets see if that works. I don't see why the 24 hour one wouldn;t have been working.

I would keep it was it was before actually, with every 24 hours. With a fixed time it's up to you to make sure your Emby Server machine is running, not sleeping, and that Emby Server is actively running at the time of the schedule. If not, then it will be skipped.

grizlyadams

I would keep it was it was before actually, with every 24 hours. With a fixed time it's up to you to make sure your Emby Server machine is running, not sleeping, and that Emby Server is actively running at the time of the schedule. If not, then it will be skipped.

ok thanks  - some observations:-

1. it wasn't working then, with the 24 hours set.

2. the reason I chose a specific daily time was to be sure it ran after the SchedulesDirect get at around just after midnight.

3. my unraid/emby server runs 24/7 and is never switched off (at 147 days since last reboot) so I'm not really worried about the task not running if the server isn't running.

grizlyadams

Please attach the emby server log.  I'm sure the task was running. Thanks.

i'll wait to see if it works tomorrow.

grizlyadams

i'll wait to see if it works tomorrow.

Ok, so when I checked the next day after a full auto run, emby had deleted ALL the EPG data for ALL the channels?  So I did the following :-

ran the emby update manually, nothing.

Went into XMLTV/Schedules Direct and restarted it to trigger a manual collect (which collects one day's worth of data)

re-ran the emby manual update and all the EPG data was there (for one day)

left it to run a full 24 hour cycle and checked again - emby had once again removed all the data for all channels.

I didn't have time to mess around with it again yesterday, so it ran through another 24 hours cycle without any manual intervention form me.... and now all the data is there for all the channels. 

no idea whats going on. 

My xmltv file has 14 days of days because that's what I specified, because, well that's what I want. Emby only has 7 days of data in the EPG - how do I get 14 days?

Edited by grizlyadams

kanipek

@@grizlyadams Did you end up going with xTeve? I know you mentioned running xTeve on a separate box - are the files (xTeve M3U/xmltv) local to the Emby install?

grizlyadams

@@grizlyadams Did you end up going with xTeve? I know you mentioned running xTeve on a separate box - are the files (xTeve M3U/xmltv) local to the Emby install?

Yeah, I gave up on the separate install and using the files from that as the files have the uril embedded in. Xteve is running in a docker on the unraid server that emby is installed on. Xteve seemed to speed up the more I used it, so whilst it didn't take as long as I thought it was going to, it did take longer than it should.

It's taken a week of p*ssing about with this, and paying for yet another "death by a thousand cuts" subscription for Schedules Direct to get it working - I still have issues with some channel logos not working when using emby on the lan ( they work when remote), but for now it works.

Pretty much EXACTLY how I feared it was going to be from the get go - ie a royal PITA that cost me way too much time with a vertical learning curve I didn't particularly want to embark on....

Thanks for all your help and responses!

Edited by grizlyadams

• 2 weeks later...
Mastrovious

I am not sure if this is what you are trying to achieve but I used ERD Designs softwares for editing my m3u and especially the xtreamdownloader for creating strm files from the VOD in the m3u list (which can be scheduled to repeat the procedure). 

Although if you need your m3u file to be updated on regular basis I guess you would need something like xtream-editor that keeps your m3u updated in case your provider add/remove channels. 

• 2 months later...
dovedescent7

I am not sure if this is what you are trying to achieve but I used ERD Designs softwares for editing my m3u and especially the xtreamdownloader for creating strm files from the VOD in the m3u list (which can be scheduled to repeat the procedure). 

Although if you need your m3u file to be updated on regular basis I guess you would need something like xtream-editor that keeps your m3u updated in case your provider add/remove channels. 

@@Mastrovious or anyone for that matter, could anyone describe the purpose for a provider to constantly update thier URLS inside the m3u? Why is this done? Legal reasons or something else? its annoying that my provider does this.

@@Mastrovious or anyone for that matter, could anyone describe the purpose for a provider to constantly update thier URLS inside the m3u? Why is this done? Legal reasons or something else? its annoying that my provider does this.

If your provider is doing this, yes, it is to avoid detection or being blocked.

Mastrovious

What I meant with update was that new content will be added from time to time, that’s the reason why I want to extract new strm files from it from time to time.

• 1 year later...