Timeshift\Seeking & Video Content Queue

Jibest

Two questions but put them together as both probably have quick answers:

1) Moving forward or backwards through a video is very slow & cumbersome, I believe this may not have been helped with the removal of the pointer feature. So for example when I click on >>, multiple clicks do not move through the file very far as it does on say the Firetv app. If I wanted to get even halfway through a file or to the last 10 minutes for example it would take a long time. Is this going to be improved? If so what timescales would we anticipate?

2) I cannot find an option to queue videos. I use the feature in other Emby apps to setup a video playlist of tv show episodes for the kids but can't see this option in the Tizen app? Is it simply not there & if not are there any plans to add it?

Thanks, Jon

Hi, yes are working on improving this.

Regarding adding to playlists, have you explored the 3 dot menus on detail screens?

FrostByte

It says version 1.0.61

Shows as the latest version

The latest version is .71  Check the version in the Samsung store, it's possible your TV model still hasn't gone through Samsung's testing for the latest version.  To get the latest always install from USB

The store was where I got the version details from. Never updated from usb before (its a new TV). I'll check it out, thanks

• Like 1

Now installed the usb version and have the 3 dot menu etc. I can create a playlist, name it etc but that wasn't quite what I meant by a queue.

In the Firetv app you click on a show episode and select "add to queue". You don't need to name anything, you add the different episodes (I take various ones from "up next") & then the queue appears to the left of the continue watching section (I think, may be to the left of the up next section). Hit play and then walk away :).

It's that function I'm interested in.

FrostByte

Now installed the usb version and have the 3 dot menu etc. I can create a playlist, name it etc but that wasn't quite what I meant by a queue.

In the Firetv app you click on a show episode and select "add to queue". You don't need to name anything, you add the different episodes (I take various ones from "up next") & then the queue appears to the left of the continue watching section (I think, may be to the left of the up next section). Hit play and then walk away :).

It's that function I'm interested in.

The closest thing I think you're going to get to making a volatile queue right now is making a playlist from the 3 dot menu which you could then delete later.