Emby web app user issue

ukendtperson

ukendtperson

Hi.

I hope you guys can help a bit.

Yesterday i tried installing emby on my server and that succeeded.

I then got the url "server".feralhosting.com:8096

Then i accessed that and created a user.

So far so good.

But then i'm no longer able to login to the emby web app (emby connect).

It's just saying "invalid username or password. Please try again"

I have tried a lot of different combinations, to be sure that i hadn't typed anything wrong.

I then tried "forgot password" - but then it's just say "Please try again within your home network to initiate the password reset process"

And i have tried on 3 different wifi connections.

I can fine login to the emby community (as you may see from the post) :)

Is there anyone who know what to do now?

seanbuff

Hi. 

Since you said you installed this server yourself. Are you able to access it via it's internal IP address (e.g. 192.168.0.10:8096)

If you were successfully able to create an account in the first place, you should be prompted with a login page, showing your new user.

Also, since you are trying to sign in with your Emby Connect account, did you add your email/username to the Emby Connect box when creating the user?

5e1d924fd4595_20200114_210059.png

Only if you populated the above text box should you be attempting to sign in with your Emby Connect username and password (same as this forum) -- otherwise, it's likely that your user does not have a password at all.

ukendtperson

Hi @@seanbuff

I can't access through the ip in the example. But i can access through the link i get in the ssh client "server".feralhosting.com:8096

Hmm. That's maybe where the problem is. I don't recall typing anything in the box in the picture. :/

Hi. 

Since you said you installed this server yourself. Are you able to access it via it's internal IP address (e.g. 192.168.0.10:8096)

If you were successfully able to create an account in the first place, you should be prompted with a login page, showing your new user.

Also, since you are trying to sign in with your Emby Connect account, did you add your email/username to the Emby Connect box when creating the user?

5e1d924fd4595_20200114_210059.png

Only if you populated the above text box should you be attempting to sign in with your Emby Connect username and password (same as this forum) -- otherwise, it's likely that your user does not have a password at all.

seanbuff

Perhaps you could show us a screenshot of your login page?

Do you see your user listed there? If not and you are using 'Manual' login, I would try entering your username without a password.

ukendtperson

I don't see users anywhere and i just get same respons when just entering the username.

Isn't there a way to completely remove the user and then i can start over?

I think i know what i did wrong. But when i'm not able to login, i can't fix it /:

If that's not possible, then here's some screenshots:

5e1ded7c84bf0_2020011417_33_16Emby.jpg5e1ded9b53b19_2020011417_33_44Embyforgot

That is your local login screen so try the username and password on your local server rather than your emby connect credentials.

ukendtperson

I've actually already tried, and just tried again to be sure.

Unfortunately still doesn't work.

Any ideas on how to delete the user so i can start over?

Happy2Play

If you are not seeing User icons you may have disabled them on LAN, by default only WAN icons are disabled.

5e1e274d423bf_users.jpg

But the Forgot Password pop-up would suggest you are not on your LAN, or you have edited your Dashboard-Network settings an LAN connections are being seen as external.

Happy2Play

This topic is bouncing between local/DDNS and connect user logins.  Please list the exact process you are using.

Edited by Happy2Play