Error scanning Files

intranetsnob

intranetsnob

Hi there.

Latest emby version and folder structure name all fine but no content is being scanned inside the folders.

What could be the reason?

Plus the latest version is also now crashing alot

intranetsnob

For example

A complete scan has completed in emby over few days and it has picked up x TV shows and metadata etc. However x TV show has seasons inside it and inside the season, there is no episodes showing.

This is the same for many TV shows.

Main folder is there, season folder is there, no content inside it.

intranetsnob

Hi, 

Yes. This library works with the same path on other systems like Plex and Jellyfin. 

Also, this is the same library path that has worked before, this is to do with the latest version of emby release.

When you checked the permissions what did you find? Emby runs under a self created system user called emby, which will be different from other software.

intranetsnob

It's not the permission issue.

Emby is choosing to pick and choose.

It's only happening with TV shows, I've got a handful of TV shows, example. 10 TV shows and it only picks up 5 TV shows and leaves the other 5, they all come from the same location

Metadata is picked up but no content inside it

intranetsnob

Issue is.

After numerous scans all at 100 percent, you can see the 2 on the side picked up content with the number representing how many episodes it has, the middle one is coming from the same library and choosing not to pick up any content except metadata

As you can see in the pictures. The TV files exist but they are not picked up properly in emby. This seems to be fairly random though in which files it decides to pick up or not though. I have run countless scans restarted server etc and can't seem to fix it and I also can't see anything in the logs

post-536565-0-17342200-1579243250_thumb.jpg

post-536565-0-69192100-1579243279_thumb.jpg

Edited by GPlayer

As you can see in the pictures. The TV files exist but they are not picked up properly in emby. This seems to be fairly random though in which files it decides to pick up or not though. I have run countless scans restarted server etc and can't seem to fix it and I also can't see anything in the logs

Did you check the permissions of the files recursively to make sure the Emby server process has permissions to the files?

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/32218-file-permissions-guide-for-new-linux-users/

Yes it has access to these files. I have even tried running emby as root.

Can you show the complete contents of the season 19 folder, as well as the folder above it? Also how did you setup the library in emby library setup?

I have noticed that allot of the files that fail to scan in properly have a 0 in front of the series number (like in the screenshot attached). I think this also effects it if there is a duplicate of the series in another folder with the 0 in front of the series number it won't scan the series without the 0 which is in a separate file.

post-536565-0-14762600-1579245509_thumb.jpg

post-536565-0-69294000-1579247809_thumb.jpg

intranetsnob

The issue is with the Emby release by the sounds of things, it literally only scans anything with Season 1 instead of Season 01.

This was not an issue before, also the latest version of emby is very unstable as well, crashes every 40 mins 

intranetsnob

Hi Luke.

He probably means that the metadata of the files are showing as per mine as well, the content exist on the drive however you have to manually go and click 'scan library' per individual TV show so the content can be forced picked up.

After the new update in December, Emby is not scanning how it used too.

Normally a scheduled scan is all that was needed, now you have to manually go and find TV shows that have no count at all on them and manually force is as per above.

Edited by intranetsnob