Apple TV 4K (64GB, Latest Model & emby

wbestw

vdatanet

HEVC content is very limited with current beta version. Previously HEVC was transcoded to H264. At this time it doesn't work. You can only direct play HEVC with MP4 container file and it buffers a lot using Level 153 (bluray rips). They are working on it but support for HLS fMP4 is needed for HEVC MKVs HLS streaming, and Emby doesn't support this container at his time.

BTW most 4K content is HEVC.

Edited by vdatanet

HEVC content is very limited with current beta version. Previously HEVC was transcoded to H264. At this time it doesn't work. You can only direct play HEVC with MP4 container file and it buffers a lot using Level 153 (bluray rips). They are working on it but support for HLS fMP4 is needed for HEVC MKVs HLS streaming, and Emby doesn't support this container at his time.

BTW most 4K content is HEVC.

Can fire tv 4K new tv box run emby ? If not what kind of issues am I am gonna run into ?

vdatanet

Can fire tv 4K new tv box run emby ? If not what kind of issues am I am gonna run into ?

I have no experience on that box, but it should work fine. Fire TV uses a modified version of Android TV and Emby for Android TV is the flagship of Emby client applications.

https://emby.media/emby-for-fire-tv.html

Edited by vdatanet