User can "download to" every devices

yarez0
Go to solution Solved by neik,

Hi guys, 

One of my user notice me that when he goes to MOVIES - SUGGESTIONS and he clicks on the download button near LATEST MOVIES, he had access to the DOWNLOAD TO page and he can push everything he wants to any device registered in the server.

5e1c503c38149_webapp_download_to.png

is there a way to mask the DOWNLOAD TO options to users or anything else to force user to synchronize, if we wants to, only on his own device ? 

webapp seeams to be the only bug, on the iOS app the same download button send to the DOWNLOAD page

thx

You have to restrict the user to the devices he is allowed to use in the server dashboard then he will be restricted to the selected devices (shared ones).

you both right, this is to complicated to manage, I have to let my user register a device and the delete manually from his profile all other devices but then, he can't register any another device like another web browser or any other device.

maybe I can create a topic in the "feature request" page ? 

in the beginning this one was created because my user reports me that he access to the DOWNLOAD TO page via the cloud button, the same button goes to the DOWNLOAD page on the device in the iOS page

Thomas64

yarez0 - you had asked "is there a way to mask the DOWNLOAD TO options to users or anything else to force user to synchronize, if we wants to, only on his own device ? "

You can remove the ability of the user to Download altogether. On the Profile Setup for the user, there are options for limiting what access the individual has. It is an all or nothing solution - so wouldn't help if you actually wanted to allow the user to download items.

(I personally have items such as social media, deleting, and downloading disabled for everyone except the "admin" account.)

• 7 months later...

Apologies for reviving this post, but is this something that is still being looked into? The device setup is still quite cumbersome and for people that want to download stuff I have to go user by user and limit it to their devices (assuming I know which devices belong to who!!)

Thanks in advance

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, this will be revamped in Emby Server 4.6. It will follow the user's remote control permissions. If they don't have permission to control other user's devices, then they won't be able to download to them either. Thanks for the feedback.

• 1 month later...