Playback error after specifically playing something, and then going to shuffle anything else

Go to solution Solved by 10479,

I figured since you guys appreciate the feedback, I'd bring this up as well.

Say for example, I have a new episode of tvshow1. I play that episode and then go over to tvshow2 and hit shuffle to just play something random. It will give me a playback error. It will do that if I try to shuffle any show after specifically playing any show. There's nothing specific about it either. I could specifically play an episode of tvshow2 and then go to shuffle tvshow1 and it will do the same thing.

This might already be on the radar, but I didn't see anything regarding. It's not hard to reproduce and will happen 100% of the time. The solution is to return to the Roku home page, go back into emby, and then shuffle the episode. It's not really a priority, but it's been a thing for over a year now.

It doesn't produce any logs unfortunately.

Sorry, I should have been more specific. It literally just says 'Playback Error" and the only option is Okay, which closes the error. I can keep doing it infinitely with any series until I close the app and reload it.

I turned on debugging just to add more context because without debugging, it doesn't show anything. It goes from playback stopped to me logging in to check logs. No playback error reporting at all

Here's the debugging log though - https://pastebin.com/6qrmpp19

Playback stops at 2020-01-13 00:39:57.916

Hi.  Yes I've been working on this.  I have reproduced it but haven't found the cause yet. I think some sort of behavior has changed in Roku firmware recently.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...