Little confused on Emby Connect login issues

aaronvogel

aaronvogel

Hey there,

So I'm trying to setup the Amazon Alexa skill to connect with my QNAP Emby server. The problem I'm having is that I can't sign up for Emby Connect with the same email as my forum account, and when I go to link accounts in the server settings under my user it doesn't recognize the forum account email or username as an Emby Connect user. I can login when trying to setup the Alexa skill, but then I get no servers listed.

Thank,

Aaron

aaronvogel

Yeah, that's part of the problem. When I go to connect my Emby Connect email to the user account on my server it gives me an error.

s5e1bfddf734d7_ScreenShot20200112at120529

aaronvogel

Yep, just double checked my address in my profile settings, and just tried the same email on my user account on the server.

5e1c0abb3b7a3_ScreenShot20200112at101038

5e1c0ac628ae1_ScreenShot20200112at101106

5e1c0b4e096c2_ScreenShot20200112at101548

aaronvogel

Hey Luke,

I'm away from home for a few days. I'll do the update and try again Thursday. Thanks for the help.

BTW, I haven't forgotten about that M4A thread I was supposed to start. I just haven't had a chance to trouble shoot those files more. Will do that as soon as I can.

aaronvogel

Hey Luke,

Just got home, updated, same problem.

Here's the log.

Dashboard shows LAN address, no remote info. Perhaps that's one of the things I should clarify: does Alexa access require remote access? I was hoping to keep all traffic local. I thought I recall seeing something about that at the bottom of a wiki page or something that this was the case. Perhaps I misinterpreted.

embyserver-2.txt

WilhelmStroker

Yes, you need remote access for alexa:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Alexa

Get started

The first step is to add Emby with Alexa to your Amazon account. Once this is done, you will need Emby Connect to link your Emby account to Alexa. Emby with Alexa also requires Emby premiere.

Alexa requests are sent from outside your network. You will need to ensure your Emby server is accessible remotely.

Why is Emby connect required?

Emby connect is used to provide your server information to Alexa over a secure connection.