Primary image (delault art / poster.jpg) - wrong size/aspect ratio

abegreen

abegreen

I've seen a thread or two on this subject but no one seems to have figured this out.

So the problem is that there is no way to get primary image shown in original aspect, it always displays as poster (blured and distorted.) instead of landscape (original image).

Cover Art has nothing to do with this problem, it's just some bad programming by emby.

I'm sorry I had to say that but I am planning on going premium and this is unacceptable.

I have found that to get primary (poster.jpg) image displayed correctly (original aspect), one needs to right click on video, select "Edit Images".

When the dialog shows up, just exit it and you will see the image finally displayed the right way.

Do this for every of 3000 videos manually and pay emby for sloppy programming.

So the solution is to enter and exit "Edit Images", without doing anything. App than clears cached image (I think) and finally shows the right one.

The image is good, nfo points to the right image, everything is correct, and yet it doesn't work.

I demand a solution. Emby can't just be used for movies and TV shows, I have also a GoPro library, Home videos library, not to mention XXX and it's all displayed distorted.

abegreen

I understand that caching plugin caches the image and it is impossible to change that, but IMO defining two primary images instead of one could solve this.

Image grabber creates a screenshot,

app defines poster1.jpg as portrait (poster), and poster2.jpg as original (lanscape),

primary image now depends on library type (movies or mixed videos),

caching plugin caches both images and they are displayed correctly in their respective library types.

I'm sure some freelancer kid from Pakistan can fix this for a price of $120.

It goes something like this:

PrimaryImage=""

poster1="poster1.jpg", aspect=portrait

poster2="poster2.jpg", aspect=original

if LibraryType="movies" than PrimaryImage=poster1

if LibraryType="mixed" than PrimaryImage=poster2

Or even better have an option for original size images when creating library.

PrimaryImage=""

poster1="poster1.jpg", aspect=portrait

poster2="poster2.jpg", aspect=original aspect

if ImageOption="portrait" than PrimaryImage=poster1

if ImageOption="original" than PrimaryImage=poster2

At least until a better solution comes to mind.

I love Emby and all, or else I wouldn't bother. Sorry for smartpantsing, i hope it's constructive smartpantsing.

abegreen

Hello there,

I created a short screen recording that demonstrates how to change primary image from portrait to lanscape.

This should not work like this, it is crying for a fix in one of the future updates.

I basically enter and exit "Edit images" dialog and, after refresh, Emby app re-caches images and displays correct screenshot in landscape ratio.

Problem is that it has to be done manually for each file in a library and for every new file that enters the library.

Please fix this, I was so happy to find out about Emby after trying the alternatives first.

pünktchen

Why do you even create poster.jpg files next to your videos? Just name them landscape.jpg and you are done.

abegreen

What do you mean by caching plugin?

It's a figure of speech... Surely the app has a caching component and that's what I'm refering to.

Why do you even create poster.jpg files next to your videos? Just name them landscape.jpg and you are done.

I don't, app does, and than instead of using it, it pulls the wrong image from cache. You can copy and rename all day long, it's still puling the wrong one.