Automatische Konvertierung + Forced SUB extract

dan0ne

Nabend zusammen,

bin noch nicht lange dabei und arbeite mich gerade nach und nach in das emby Universum ein :)

Echt genial was man damit alles so anstellen kann, hab mir auch direkt das premium gegönnt ;)

Ich bin momentan dabei meine Filme zu konvertieren, leider etwas mühselig, dies für jeden Film vor zu nehmen, daher meine Idee/bzw frage zu einer Automatisierung. 

Momentan nutze ich MKVExtract mit Windows GUI um die forced Subs zu extrahieren, die anderen benötige ich nicht wirklich, daher nur Forced SUB. 

Die *.srt Datei speichere ich dann unter gleichem Namen wie der Film im Filmverzeichnis dazu schreibe ich dann: XXX".de.forced.srt"

Im Anschluss gehe ich her und klicke in emby bei dem Film auf: Konvertieren -> Original media folder, replacing original files -> Profil: Custom -> mkv, h.264, aac, Original quality -> Konvertieren

Dann noch die Library neu einlesen lassen und die GUI zeigt mir das richtige Audio Format und die forced Subs an.

Hintergrund ist, dass meine bisherigen Filme fast alle in DTS vorliegen und auf nem Samsung TV nur ohne Ton abgespielt werden. Gebe ich dem Nutzer Transcoding frei läuft der Film mit Ton, allerdings geht die CPU last auf der Diskstation 718+ auf 98%

Dazu kommt, dass es beim start eine ganze Weile dauert bis der Stream startet. Transcoding möchte ich also komplett umgehen somit haben meine User keine freigabe zum Transcoden!

Für Remote Zugriff benötige ich auch kein Transcoding, weil 400mBit UP zu Verfügung stehen (deutsche Glasfaser)

Gibt es also irgendeine Möglichkeit für eine Automatisierung, zb als Plugin oder mit Emby direkt? Ggf könnte ein bekannter Programmierer mir/uns ein entsprechendes Plugin entwickeln, gibt es irgendwo mehr Informationen dazu? 

Über Ideen würde ich mich sehr freuen :)

hmm keiner eine Idee?

Könnt ihr mir wenigstens eine Software empfehlen um meine Filme für emby extern zu Konvertieren? 

Hab ständig 100% Auslastung auf der HDD durch emby Konvertierung ...

Hi, welcome. transcoding is an intensive process and I expect you will see high load no matter what software converts it.

see my post up ...

quick info: My Samsung TV doesnt support my movies with h.264 & DTS, so i have to Convert all my Media in h.264 aac mkv.  

When i give the User Transcode rights the stream loading verry slow (slow statup Time) and no multiple view is possible in this case. (CPU and HDD 100% on DS718+)

Everything works great when all files are in h.264 & aac (3% CPU and 10% HDD) because emby can play it directly. 

There are no other Tasks on Device in my tests

Now I am looking for the best Converting Software and Options for Windows, then i can Convert it on my big PC (options for emby needed) and replace it on the DS718+ 

Thanks for reply

A) 100% CPU 100% HDD on Diskstation 718+ so i have to use a other Device 

B ) There is no option: Convert them all with one klick!

C) If you select replace the original file, it will be garbage full in the Temp directory with files look like: "eee29301sjasld362517hdue...." in future diskstation will filled up

D) sometimes it removes the forced SUBs (see it on my Star Wars Box for example )

E) if you look under settings in Convert, the GUI shows something wrong

Example: You Klick Convert Movie: ABC

Coverting GUI shows up all Converting Jobs from the past, but is jumping in his activity Infos from an old Job to the real one. 

Another thing is there isn't the right sequence. You can not comprehend which movie was the last one, seems like a random list!

D) i can not clean up old Jobs with one klick!

E) there is no option to plan a task, for exp in the night

Thats why i am dont want to you use this feature! But Actually i use it, so please can you say which windows software i can use to create exactly the same files as emby?

Edited by dan0ne

Yes there is an option to convert with one click... Create the conversion job on a parent folder.

Any software you use for this will hit the CPU hard. Why do you think it will be different?

But on a other device (for example my big PC)! So the diskstaion isnt at 100% workload the whole day!

When you try to start playing a video (and diskstation is working hard with convert) you can not play movies of more than one player, bacause 100%CPU 100%HDD. (long loading, freezing pictures...)

In my test, the 718+ needs around 2 hours for converting a TV Show (from my VU+ Uno4k) 

For now i am trying handbrake on my windows pc with Nvidia NVEnc, for the same TV Show (and i think similar settings). The PC needs around 30min to convert it in the same format, but when finish i have to compare the two files for audio and video quality and compatibility to embys direct play.