Mark episode as watched after jumping to the next one

heciruam

heciruam

Hello,

Sometimes I jump to the next episode through the arrow on the OSD, before the "next episode start in..." appears. That episode then shows up as partially watched.. I do this often as I binge through a series. This hogs up the "continue..." section.

If the episode would be marked as fully watched, after I click on the next episode, that would be a lot less hassle to get those partially watched ones out of the way.

I'm not sure if I'm the only one who wants this implemented, but I guess it doesn't hurt to ask.

Cheers!

Edited by heciruam
  • Like 3

heciruam

Yes. I know I can increase the resume threshold, probably to a point where I could disable the resume feature all together. I do not want to do that.

I simply want an episode to be marked fully played, after I clicked the "next item/episode" button ,even if I only watched the first quarter or half of it. When I do this, I just want to keep going and I know I'm not coming back to watch the unfinished episode.

If on the other hand I would simply stop watching(taking a break), the connection dropped or I want to move to another device, then I still want it to show up in the "continue watching" section.

I hope this makes it more clear.

5e1617b16a8b0_Screenshot365.png

Edited by heciruam
  • Like 1

But what if you're only halfway through?

What you're asking for will cause other users to report that their resume settings are not working.

crusher11

If you're only halfway through and plan to come back, why would you skip to the next episode?

I have a lot of sporting events which vary from the end of the file being right after the buzzer to having half an hour of post-game content. This feature would be really helpful with this case because my resume settings simply can't be compatible with both cases.

• Like 1

heciruam
On 1/8/2020 at 7:10 PM, Luke said:

But what if you're only halfway through?

What you're asking for will cause other users to report that their resume settings are not working.

I simply noticed this as I watched through a TV Show with 10 seasons with 20 episodes each. I simply remembered half way through one episode, that's the one I don't like and skipped to the next one. At season 8 I noticed that my "continue watching" section was full with at least 2 episodes per season,partially watched episodes. And to get rid of them you have to go to each item, click unwatched and then click watched again, to get these certain episodes out of there.

Don't get me wrong this is not a big deal and something I can live with, if not a lot a people want this function.

But if it's easy to implement, than it could be an optional toggle switch, so that the users who don't need this feature won't be bothered.

Edited by heciruam

funwithmedia

If you're only halfway through and plan to come back, why would you skip to the next episode?

Some cartoons are basically two episodes within one half-hour block (eg, Phineas and Ferb). These typically air together, and the way they're encoded on a DVD/Blu-ray most users will probably end up with one file with the half-hour (or ~22 minutes, sans commercials) block (because it would take additional effort to split them into separate files). So this would be one case where a user might watch just half of the file, and then later wish to come back to watch the other half (while having watched other episodes in-between).

crusher11

But we're not saying "get rid of the ability to resume episodes", we're saying "when skipping to the next episode, count that as having finished the episode being watched".

• Like 1

funwithmedia

But we're not saying "get rid of the ability to resume episodes", we're saying "when skipping to the next episode, count that as having finished the episode being watched".

Right, sure, I follow you. I was simply giving an example of where that's not going to be a desirable behavior/outcome (because in the example I gave the user might not want it to count as being watched when they are planning to come back later to watch the later half-episode). I was only trying to answer the question I quoted ("If you're only halfway through and plan to come back, why would you skip to the next episode?") -- I wasn't trying to say anything about the rest of the discussion, nor to suggest either positive or negative as to whether some form of this feature request should be implemented. You were asking a very reasonable/understandable question, so I was just trying to respond to that. :)