#81 Dibbes ONLINE  

Dibbes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1001 posts
  • Local time: 12:33 PM
  • LocationMadrid, Spain

Posted 23 January 2020 - 06:31 PM

Okay, so the one thing I'm concerned about as far as releasing this is the crash(es) reported with background music playback.  I'm not able to reproduce that so need an app log from someone who can.

Thanks.

Once I've figured out how to get to the app log on the Shield and it crashes again, I'll post it here for you.

Another thing you might be concerned about is: when going back to the "Now Playing" queue on the main Emby screen after playing something else like a video, the first track you play does not produce any sound. It only produces sound again when going to the track, either by hand or automatically.

Steps to reproduce:

• Click any CD and do Play All
  • Let it play for a few tracks
  • Browse to a video and start the video without stopping the music first (this also causes a delay of a second or 2 before the sound of the video starts after the picture is already displaying, though it's not out of sync)
  • End the video and go back to the main Emby screen
  • Select the first track that is still there in the "Now Playing" ribbon and play it from the ribbon by long pressing the menu button and click "Play from here". I do not get any sound until I go to the next track.

Edited by Dibbes, 23 January 2020 - 06:35 PM.

#82 denz OFFLINE  

denz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2278 posts
  • Local time: 07:33 PM
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 23 January 2020 - 07:39 PM

I restarted the server no change it still takes 10 seconds to start recordings live tv is quick like always and everything else. I will test it on the other mi box and sony tv. Yes it is beta server.

This is the error I get when I try to open a remux log file

The process cannot access the file '\logs\ffmpeg-remux-e4952930-e7a1-44a2-a923-22ea9acda1df_1.txt' because it is being used by another process.

I can look at other logs but can't look at the ones that were created when I tried to watch a video on mi box. 

Edited by denz, 23 January 2020 - 10:09 PM.

#83 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 49864 posts
  • Local time: 06:33 AM

Posted 24 January 2020 - 12:11 PM

I restarted the server no change it still takes 10 seconds to start recordings live tv is quick like always and everything else. I will test it on the other mi box and sony tv. Yes it is beta server.

This is the error I get when I try to open a remux log file

The process cannot access the file '\logs\ffmpeg-remux-e4952930-e7a1-44a2-a923-22ea9acda1df_1.txt' because it is being used by another process.

I can look at other logs but can't look at the ones that were created when I tried to watch a video on mi box. 

I believe this is a beta server issue.

#84 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 49864 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 12:16 PM

Once I've figured out how to get to the app log on the Shield and it crashes again, I'll post it here for you.

Another thing you might be concerned about is: when going back to the "Now Playing" queue on the main Emby screen after playing something else like a video, the first track you play does not produce any sound. It only produces sound again when going to the track, either by hand or automatically.

Steps to reproduce:

• Click any CD and do Play All
  • Let it play for a few tracks
  • Browse to a video and start the video without stopping the music first (this also causes a delay of a second or 2 before the sound of the video starts after the picture is already displaying, though it's not out of sync)
  • End the video and go back to the main Emby screen
  • Select the first track that is still there in the "Now Playing" ribbon and play it from the ribbon by long pressing the menu button and click "Play from here". I do not get any sound until I go to the next track.

I cannot reproduce either of those problems. Audio worked fine in both the video and the music.  The now playing row really shouldn't be there anymore in that scenario, though, so I'll have to look at that in the next beta round.

Thanks.

#85 FrostByte OFFLINE  

FrostByte

Advanced Member

• ForumMod
  • 4677 posts
  • LocationThe UP

Posted 24 January 2020 - 12:35 PM

I cannot reproduce either of those problems. Audio worked fine in both the video and the music.  The now playing row really shouldn't be there anymore in that scenario, though, so I'll have to look at that in the next beta round.

Thanks.

I can reproduce this one fairly easy on my Shield.  Not only do you not get sound, but the timeline bar doesn't move.  I even tried pausing and restarting play on that track and get nothing.  Skip to the next track and you get sound again

Edit: It's like the first track that you see on the Home page after watching a video has already dropped off of Now Playing even though you can click on it

Edited by FrostByte, 24 January 2020 - 01:03 PM.

#86 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 49864 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 01:11 PM

Edit: It's like the first track that you see on the Home page after watching a video has already dropped off of Now Playing even though you can click on it

The real issue is that that row shouldn't be there anymore.

• FrostByte likes this

#87 FrostByte OFFLINE  

FrostByte

Advanced Member

• ForumMod
  • 4677 posts
  • LocationThe UP

Posted 24 January 2020 - 01:27 PM

Ahh, Okay.  Ya after watching a video the Now Playing from previously is still on the Home Screen.  I did not watch the video to the end though if that makes a difference.

Steps

Played part of an album

Paused

Played part of a movie for a few minutes

Paused

Went to Home Screen and clicked on the first track from Now Playing

#88 FrostByte OFFLINE  

FrostByte

Advanced Member

• ForumMod
  • 4677 posts
  • LocationThe UP

Posted 24 January 2020 - 02:03 PM

It's almost like some of these problems may be specific to certain versions of the Shield.  You may have to go steal your kids' tube :)  After this version of the app goes stable that is

#89 Spaceboy OFFLINE  

Spaceboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 4336 posts
  • Local time: 11:33 AM

Posted 24 January 2020 - 03:34 PM

I cannot reproduce. It’s quite an old shield though
  • FrostByte likes this

#90 Spaceboy OFFLINE  

Spaceboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 4336 posts
  • Local time: 11:33 AM

Posted 24 January 2020 - 04:00 PM

What I can see is all recorded tv being reported as trans/i in the osd but SFN and dashboard confirm it’s direct streaming

#91 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 49864 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 05:51 PM

What I can see is all recorded tv being reported as trans/i in the osd but SFN and dashboard confirm it’s direct streaming

CBers reported that a long time ago and I just haven't been able to chase it down yet.

• Spaceboy likes this

#92 Dibbes ONLINE  

Dibbes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1001 posts
  • Local time: 12:33 PM
  • LocationMadrid, Spain

Posted 24 January 2020 - 06:11 PM

It's almost like some of these problems may be specific to certain versions of the Shield.  You may have to go steal your kids' tube :)  After this version of the app goes stable that is

@ebr Sorry, a bit busy today... So, I already thought it strange the Now Playing bar is still there and filled with what was lined up before after watching a video. I liked it though and thought it was a feature as it meant I could just go back and listen to the music I was listening to anyway. Thing is that I don't remember seeing this a hotfix ago, so it may be this is just on the latest update of the Shield 2019 like @FrostByte says...

#93 denz OFFLINE  

denz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2278 posts
  • Local time: 07:33 PM
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 26 January 2020 - 04:31 AM

I have moved to the stable version of the server and now everything is fast. I will stick to the stable version of the server. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users