Features requests for the music suggestions

electricwildflower

electricwildflower

In terms of the music section, I have a couple of ideas for Suggestions

Latest Music - Can we have this open in it's own page so instead of just scrolling left and right it will act like favourite songs and open up it's own page so we can see more of what's added in terms of latest music. I add a ton of albums often and there is only so many you can see when scrolling right before it cuts off.

Recently Played - Just like the favourite songs it's own page i can view a lot more recently played and go back further than just scrolling left and right

Frequently played - You guessed it, it's own page so i can see a lot more frequently played music 

Favourite albums - This would be great to see my top 20/40/50/100 albums that i go to often so i don't have to go searching when it doesn't show up in frequently or recently played. 

-----------

Other ideas

Random Album - A way you can ask Emby to pick a random album out of your huge collection and play it for you, would work well for me having thousands of album some i don't often play so would be nice to just let Emby decide an album for me. 

• Like 1

kodithomson50

And a VETO option of "DO NOT MODIFY TAGS OR MUSIC IN ANY WAY". Store lyrics, metadata, cover images, artist biographies, and tags separate. Seperately as in a separate directory, as to not interfere with primary library software. And do not transcode, do not overwrite.

You can tell I've had incredible issues with this in the past. Just my thoughts.

electricwildflower

Latest music - the filtering does indeed do it when you click on albums, my mistake for not noticing.

Recently played - again my mistake for not noticing, although when i go to albums and sort by date played it just shows the albums in my collection and not the latest albums played. Such as i have been playing an And Also the Trees best, it shows ok in recently played songs just when i go to albums and sort by date played ascending or descending it doesn't show?

Favourite albums - unless i'm again missing it i can favourite songs just not albums where i can have a place i put my favourite albums that i go back to often

Random album - I see no option, again unless i'm missing something?

Cheers

Hi.  You can mark albums as favorites and you can filter the album view by favorites as well.

For a random album, go to your album view and hit the "Shuffle" button and a random album will start playing.

• Like 1

electricwildflower

Oh ok cheers for the tips

One last thing, is there a way to sort artists albums by compilation, studio, soundtrack, single, ep, live, bootleg etc or is that not a feature, at the moment all albums by the artists and featured on are just shoved together and when i click an artist and albums it just brings up the lot in a list?

ginjaninja

Oh ok cheers for the tips

One last thing, is there a way to sort artists albums by compilation, studio, soundtrack, single, ep, live, bootleg etc or is that not a feature, at the moment all albums by the artists and featured on are just shoved together and when i click an artist and albums it just brings up the lot in a list?

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?url=https%3A%2F%2Femby%2Emedia%2Fcommunity%2Findex%2Ephp%3F%2Ftopic%2F25602-Server---Add-Musicbrainz%27s-Album-Type-to-Emby-Album-Schema&share_tid=25602&share_fid=77624&share_type=t&link_source=app

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
icntmx

Hi.  You can mark albums as favorites and you can filter the album view by favorites as well.

For a random album, go to your album view and hit the "Shuffle" button and a random album will start playing.

From my experience it will play a random album. When it's over that's it. If it's a short album then you're hitting shuffle again quickly, it should queue up something after it (complete album w/ tracks in running order) and keep the shuffle going is I believe the request (and mine too!)

Additionally a suggestion for the "Suggestions" screen, can "Recently Played" condense by album rather than a group of a dozen or more songs all representing the same session? Related in a way to above.

Thanks, recently made the migration from that similar product and not looking back at all!

Edited by icntmx