Photo

Adjust time for skip forward and backward in Emby Theater?

skip remote

Best Answer mbarylski , 07 January 2020 - 01:56 PM

You can use the Playback settings to adjust the skip back/forward in 5 second increments. The option is available in all clients, but I believe once you set it in one place it's the same on all clients.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 trmb OFFLINE  

trmb

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Local time: 04:26 PM

Posted 07 January 2020 - 01:30 PM

Can one change the 30 second skip forward/10 second backward times Emby Theater skips forward or backward when those buttons (or alternately the left/right buttons) are pressed on the remote? (or corresponding keys on keyboard?)

Background: Using Win7 MCE, I was able to change those buttons time to 15 seconds forwards and 7 seconds backward (my preferred amounts for watching football, which is one of the few shows I still watch in the Living Room). 

I'm now thinking of finally transitioning to Emby Theater & Emby Server LiveTV due to the Windows 7 EoL and no more MCE Guide after next week.

I've been testing ET on my MCE box to see what might work after years of a stable system (Thanks Luke & team!). Looking at going to a Linux htpc install with ET vs Win 10 with either ET or the MCE port. 

I did look through the github source code for Emby Theater to see if I could spot an easy fix, but I think the number of seconds might be server determined? It appeared that it just got a new URL with a new seek time passed to it. (If so, perhaps this is more appropriate as a server feature request?)

#2 mbarylski OFFLINE  

mbarylski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 317 posts
  • Local time: 06:26 PM
  • LocationVA

Posted 07 January 2020 - 01:56 PM   Best Answer

You can use the Playback settings to adjust the skip back/forward in 5 second increments. The option is available in all clients, but I believe once you set it in one place it's the same on all clients.

Attached Files

• Attached File  Skip.jpg   59.86KB   2 downloads

• trmb likes this

#3 trmb OFFLINE  

trmb

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Local time: 04:26 PM

Posted 07 January 2020 - 06:32 PM

Thank you! Those increments will do.

I'm guessing it is user specific rather than client specific since I had to click on the user icon (just to to the left of the gear icon) to find the playback menu option in the browser, which is where I do most of my admin stuff.

Since the screenshots would be different for the web client than Emby Theater, I'm mentioning that tip for the next person with this question.

#4 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 148759 posts
  • Local time: 06:26 PM

Posted 07 January 2020 - 08:46 PM

Yes they are user specific.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skip, remote

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users