"Too many Errors. Giving Up." because of "Transport Endpoint is not connected"

hammos

Hi,

somehow I'm currently fighting with the problem, that after mounting my GDrive to the vServer the media library will break down after the library scan. When trying to open a media file you get the typical  error message "Too many errors. Giving up". If I try to look for the mounted folder on my vServer I get to notice that I can't open it anymore. "-bash: cd: seb_emby: Transport endpoint is not connected" is the message. Actually I can't do anything with those folders anymore. When I try to delete them it gets rejected "rmdir: failed to remove ‘seb_emby’: Device or resource busy"

I got two seperat mounts running. The weird thing is that only one of them is always crashing. The other one works fluently. Concerning this, neither the Google API or the Emby Update to 4.3.1 could be the fault.

The media library scan seems also to go quite slower since it stays on 90,9% for quite long, when I try to mount everything in a new folder etc.

I did install the Anime addon (1.4.3) and auto box sets (1.2.3) one day earlier, so I guess that this might have something to do with it.

The crashing mount contains one library with anime series and one with anime movies.

In both libraries I did a recent change in the settings, by setting the metadata format to nfo and saving picture material in the media source folder. (Was this a good choice btw.? What is the advantage of the nfo file in comparison with when the box is unticked?)

Pfa the embyserver.txt. (Splitted in two files since it was too big, had ~100mb)

Thank you for helping me solve this case in advance. If you need any additional information just mention it.

Best Regards

Edited by hammos

Based on the error message, has to be Android TV but can you explain what you mean by the "mount is crashing"?

I Trier it with a variety of clients. Android TV / Smartphone, Web, Windows...

Well with mount crashing I basically mean that I can't Access the mounted Files anymore. When I try to enter the folder via FTP Client it isn't even shown anymore. And with SSH via cd it dass Transport endpoint is Not connected

Thanks.  I'm not sure how much we can help you troubleshoot that specific issue as it seems it would be something with the OS or file system.  You are just seeing the result of that issue in the apps.

Have you researched what could be causing that with your OS?

I did a bit of googling though I didn't get any useful information that I would understand. Neither i found any applying cause...

They usually write:

- Caused by a bug https://stackoverflow.com/questions/24966676/transport-endpoint-is-not-connected

- Sshd Not installed (it is though)

- Unmounting / Remounting might Help, nur RClone doesn't have that function of Unmounting (except Ctrl+C, but I Always Close my cmd to keep it running in the Background and after opening another Session it obviously isn't there anymore)

I'm pretty much Out of ideas tbh :/

Yes and those same transport errors are filling up your server log so I think you'll need to resolve that first outside of emby.

I see this every so often because I run Kubernetes/kubelet in a docker container. That starts the fuse userspace application needed for communicating with gluster. If I restart the kubelet docker container, the userspace application closes causing all of the docker containers on the host to not have access to my gluster volumes.

So, I would check what the fuse process being started is called, and check it is still running next time you see this error. If you don't see it, it probably crashed or exited so check the logs and/or try running it in gdb to get a stacktrace to send to the fuse application developers.

• Like 1

Aside from the fact that I don't Run docker - yeah. It seems to have been because of the fuse process.

Thank you all for helping :)