¿zapping on Android TV app?

Krma

Hi, I was using the android tv application, and I am quite happy, the only thing that bothers me is having to go out and enter each channel. Is there any way to change channels while I'm watching?

thanks!

Hi.  There are several ways.

If you hit the "up" arrow, you will get a list of all channels and what is currently on them.  Select one and it will change the channel.

If you hit the "down" arrow, you will get an on screen display with some menu options at the bottom.  One of them will be to bring up an on-screen guide.  You can navigate and select a different channel.

If your remote has number buttons, you can enter a channel number directly.

Please let us know if this answers your questions.

Thanks.

Hi.  There are several ways.

If you hit the "up" arrow, you will get a list of all channels and what is currently on them.  Select one and it will change the channel.

If you hit the "down" arrow, you will get an on screen display with some menu options at the bottom.  One of them will be to bring up an on-screen guide.  You can navigate and select a different channel.

If your remote has number buttons, you can enter a channel number directly.

Please let us know if this answers your questions.

Thanks.

Thanks for the answer,

Try the numbers and nothing appears on the screen, never change the channel. If I press up or down it only shows the play, pause, stop menu, nothing more than that. The guide I remember that I could see it but it appeared disproportionate, right now I am not at home but would try again.

Try the numbers and nothing appears on the screen, never change the channel. If I press up or down it only shows the play, pause, stop menu, nothing more than that. The guide I remember that I could see it but it appeared disproportionate, right now I am not at home but would try again.

• 1 month later...

It is an actual TV with Android built in?  What is the resolution?

In your first screen shot - I could see where you had typed "11" it was right there on the screen...

yes, the channel whit numbers its working now, it has android 7.0, the resolution its 1080p, but i looks like the apk its on diferent resolutions, i've got 2 android tv whit the same problem. 

Hi ebr 

They are Chinese Android TV, one is brand Kanji

https://www.electroshows.com.ar/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Smarter-00.jpg

and the other is MXQ Pro

https://www.dhresource.com/0x0/f2/albu/g4/M01/B4/AF/rBVaEVmvtdmAJAxrAALrndq7tz4361.jpg

They are by default, although I did try to change the resolution to see if it fit, but I had no luck.

clarkss12

Without knowing specifically the model number of these boxes, hard to find an ATV modded Android firmware.  However, you should be able to find either a LibreELEC or CoreELEC port for your boxes.  With an inexpensive microSD card, you can dual boot into your boxes and have a fantastic media center using the Emby for Kodi app and the Embuary skin.  

Edit the Emby for Kodi app does not natively support Live/recorded TV, but there are other solutions for that..... Tvheadend is a very good DVR backend server........

Edited by clarkss12

Hi, I have Kodi and adapt its resolution correctly before starting, without any external program, even other applications do it, except Emby. The emby for android dont work, only the emby for android tv. 
I still think it could be something of the application compatibility.

@@clarkss12 this is the model of the tvbox

https://ibb.co/BgcxCsq

I still think it could be something of the application compatibility.

clarkss12

I cranked up one of my old Android boxes running a standard version of Android 5.1 to test the function of channel changing from Emby app.  When I punch in some numbers, the bottom tabs open and that channel is selected.......

I punched in 56 on my remote and it opened the bottom menu and selected the correct channel (56).  I then clicked "OK" and it switched to that channel "56" from the channel "2" that it was on.

post-38990-0-91825400-1581451357_thumb.jpg

As you said, you can't change channels using the up or down arrows..........

Are you wanting to keep the standard Android, or will run the ATV version of Android if they have one for your box?

Edited by clarkss12

I liked the Android TV version, I want to put my family a couple of STBs, so I bought. The only problem was the cropped screen. I think I found a firm to change this chip to Android TV, but it is not compatible with the other box.