Error in rendering on Chrome top vs bottom half?

sebasmiles
Go to solution Solved by softworkz,

sebasmiles

Browser: Chrome

App: Emby Web 4.3.1.0

Problem: This isn't a big deal for me, but its just odd and figured its best to report it. If you look at the Capture.jpg, you can see a bar across the middle where the screen and even the resolution seems offset. Its basically like the top and bottom half of the screen aren't rendering at the same time. I tried with Edge and didn't experience this problem (remux file attached). At first I thought it might be because I use Muximux, but opening the window direct yielded the same issue (btw. on a related note, if you use muximux it shows as transcoding but using a dedicated window actually goes as direct streaming, not sure what triggers the difference). What I think are both remux logs are included for those but I'm not 100% certain (so there are actually 3 that I found, probably hit refresh at some point).

post-72028-0-96047300-1578361767_thumb.jpg

ffmpeg-remux-2d17a94d-f18f-49b8-9796-996a772db2f7_1.txt

ffmpeg-remux-775f39dc-0e71-4261-ab40-25f712995e58_1.txt

ffmpeg-remux-49d226fe-a5aa-42f8-b335-7077b0f3a2a2_1.txt

post-72028-0-38972700-1578362367_thumb.jpg

post-72028-0-56488400-1578362371_thumb.jpg

ffmpeg-remux-23eac18e-822e-4431-8ebb-c38fabc01020_1.txt

@@sebasmiles - Do you mean the picture offset next to the lips of the right girl?

I'm not sure what that is, but at least it's not caused by the server because the video is stream-copied.

Although, it doesn't appear to be a continuous offset across the full with because the window borders are not affected (I mean the window in the video).

What's your client OS?

Are the screenshots taken from Chrome?

Did you operate the client computer locally or from remote?

What happens when make the Chrome Browser window smaller?

PS: Let's leave out any 3rd party stuff, no matter how funny the name might be..

sebasmiles

@@sebasmiles - Do you mean the picture offset next to the lips of the right girl?

I'm not sure what that is, but at least it's not caused by the server because the video is stream-copied.

Although, it doesn't appear to be a continuous offset across the full with because the window borders are not affected (I mean the window in the video).

What's your client OS?

Are the screenshots taken from Chrome?

Did you operate the client computer locally or from remote?

What happens when make the Chrome Browser window smaller?

PS: Let's leave out any 3rd party stuff, no matter how funny the name might be..

Yep, I meant that offset near the lips. Weird right? The line does actually go all way across though its harder to see sometimes, or like the center effect is worse than the edges? The error also seems to be file dependent, I have attached a remux of a different file that doesn't have the issue. Maybe its something specific to the encoding type that is slightly different between both?

I am running Win 10. I took the screenshot of the Chrome client using the windows snipping tool.

I am sitting on the client computer, so operating locally.

Chrome Version 79.0.3945.88 (Official Build) (64-bit)

PS. The 3rd party stuff is one of those overlays that joins all my various app weblinks in the same place to make it easier to switch between. I guess its like a wrapper or something, just letting you know about it in case you get weird questions in the future about why its transcoding vs directplay, it might be also related to a wrapper like this. In any case, I'm testing without it right now to avoid other sources of error.

ffmpeg-remux-06d43208-b7cf-4ff9-bfaa-5e2da695221d_1.txt

What happens when you make the browser window smaller?

During playback, go to Emby's transcoding-temp folder and copy one of the segments to another place. After stopping playback, play that copied segment in VLC media player to see how it looks like.

sebasmiles

What happens when you make the browser window smaller?

During playback, go to Emby's transcoding-temp folder and copy one of the segments to another place. After stopping playback, play that copied segment in VLC media player to see how it looks like.

Ah I know something got lost when it didn't save my full answer. When I resize the window its still there, windowed, full screen, smaller window, etc.

I tried opening a few of the TS files in VLC, doesn't seem to like doing that. Several will show a frozen image for like 5s, then it will play like a second or two with some corruption in the image some times, then it stops. Though the video doesn't show the middle line as far as I can see.

PS. Lowering the bitrate to force it to transcode gets rid of the line.

• Solution

The frozen segments are of no concern.

I'm pretty sure that it's a Chrome issue.

Otherwise I can only speculate.

One thing that comes to my mind: It's not unusual to slice a video to parallellize the decoding operation. Maybe this is what happens and the two slices are getting out of sync

You might want to play with this:

chrome://flags/

and this:

chrome://media-internals/

But this is not an Emby issue.

• Like 1