A way to insure channels get auto mapped better - more accurately? Freezing,channels missing, daunting channel mapping

dovedescent7
Go to solution Solved by CBers,

dovedescent7

I understand this is a pretty broad question, but are there methods or ways to ensure my live tv channels get mapped more accurately, automatically?

Ive been running emby premier for about a year now on windows 10.

I got a new provider about 2 months ago, and more recently my live tv has been freezing, whether its the logos or even having the channel show up in epg is extremely inconsistent 

My biggest issue is that when i go to map channels, the xmltv list is so, so very long and lists the whole worlds channels in sd, hd and uhd, not just usa, that its almost impossible to setup channel mapping. It takes so long to find one channel. I just attempted to reset everything, and like 2 out of 50 channels were auto mapped.

Does anyone have any advice on better ways to ensure auto mapping works better?

Would providing a log show any problems with my setup in regards to this? If so i will. 

if you need me to clarify let me know.

p.s. my problems are similar to ones in this post

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/70929-epg-seriously-flawed-need-to-fix-mappings/

Hi, yes we are working on improving this. In the meantime using xteve as a middleman can help with this.

dovedescent7

Hey guys,

I've been looking around but cant seem to find a guide for how to use Xteve. i assumed it was a plugin for emby which i believe is incorrect.

Is there a guide here on how to setup and use Xteve? That would be super helpful thanks

dovedescent7

omg this program is amazing.

But does xteve send my playlist and xmltv info back to xteve? I want it to be private.

The only thing i dont understand is how do i connect it to my emby server? if that makes sense?

Btw does emby backup config plugin SAVE channel mappings to restore to different machine?

I have xteve running on same pc as emby server, and have selected the m3u playlist and xmltv url that is currently in my emby server, and have gone into xteve and edited only 1 channel (which was super easy) for testing,  but how will my emby server understand to connect to xteve?

Edited by dovedescent7