Automatic Mapping with Hauppauge Quad Tuner

sailracer

sailracer

Hi,

Brand new Emby user here coming over from Windows Media Center.   So far I am liking Emby a lot!  I am having one difficulty so far.  When I connect my Hauppauge quad OTA tuner and map the guide data, none of the channels map.  The Hauppauge appears to add a "preset" to the channel, like 1021 2.1 WGBH-HD PBS 2.1.  The 1021 seems to prevent the guide from auto mapping to the channel.  I could manually map it, but I don't want to go through and do that for every channel, particularly if I will have to do it again if I change anything on the tuner.  Is there a way to remove the preset or fix the mappings permanently?

Thanks!

• Like 1

Hi @@sailracer, yes this is an area that we need to improve. The good news is we are working on all new Hauppauge support so stay tuned. In the meantime you will need to map channels manually. Thanks for the feedback.

• 2 months later...
jeepsmith

Well I guess this is what my problem is too?

Guide data used to work, now it doesn't.  I too have the Hauppauge quad card tuner.   I guess coming from Plex-land I and enjoying Emby-land I should embrace a HD Homerun?   

I have absolutely no gude data.  So how long for a fix do you think?

Thanks for the updates!

Eric

Well I guess this is what my problem is too?

Guide data used to work, now it doesn't.  I too have the Hauppauge quad card tuner.   I guess coming from Plex-land I and enjoying Emby-land I should embrace a HD Homerun?   

I have absolutely no gude data.  So how long for a fix do you think?

Thanks for the updates!

Eric

HI there, what guide data source are you using? What exactly is the problem?

jeepsmith

I'm on 4.4.0.40 and am a Premiere user.

I've rebooted a couple times, after the 4.4.0.40 update.  This problem existed with the previous version too.

I'm adding Emby Guide Data as the guide data provider.

I'm using "USA-OTA63101"

When I click on Refresh Guide Data the task bar lights up, then flashs green on the left side for about 1/2 second and the status bar goes away.

Eric

jeepsmith

I'm on 4.4.0.40 and am a Premiere user.

I've rebooted a couple times, after the 4.4.0.40 update.  This problem existed with the previous version too.

I'm adding Emby Guide Data as the guide data provider.

I'm using "USA-OTA63101"

When I click on Refresh Guide Data the task bar lights up, then flashs green on the left side for about 1/2 second and the status bar goes away.

Eric

Oh.. I'm running on Windows Server 2019.

Did you check the mapping tool to ensure that each tuner channel is mapped to a guide channel?

jeepsmith

Yep, do that every time, just to make sure I see the channels there.   I am able to tune in Emby, but no guide data.

Eric

5e7aa95134510_embychannels.jpg

Ok so those are your tuner channels, and none of them are mapped to guide channels. 

Try picking one of them and using the mapping tool to map it. Then once the guide refresh finishes, you should see guide data for that channel.

• Like 1

jeepsmith

Well, that fixed it.. often/lately my adult son has been in there configuring that.   Didn't noticed I missed that.   

Thank you very much.

Eric

Thanks for the feedback. We will be improving this area of the user interface to make it more obvious and user friendly. Thanks.

jeepsmith

Thank you for the great reply.. I was going to suggest that.. that the UI show I'm missing something..   You're awesome for seeing that.  :)

Past that, default them to their numerical logical match would help.  Or an interface with less clicking to assign them.

While we're at it.. The channels with 1021 (instead of 2.1) and 1301 instead of 30.1 is a tad confusing.  

Do wish I could reassign that numerical channel label that the family sees.

• 1 year later...
sailracer
7 minutes ago, Luke said:

Improved channel management coming in Emby Server 4.6:

Nice!  Thanks for the follow up.