Emby for LG Smart TVs 1.0.20 "freezes" for a while during play

neodago

neodago

I have a little issue with this app: when i play a video, after some minutes, it "freezes" for 30 seconds (more or less) and then the playback resumes normally. No matter if the video is 4K or 1080p, h264 or h265, every video freezes during play and no commands are received until it resumes play. Usually it happends only one time, but some times it happends more then one time. It's very annoying.

The version of the app is 1.0.20 and runs on a LG OLED55C9PLA (WebOs 4.70.05). The server is version 4.3.0.30 running on a QNAP-TS-453Be NAS.

With the android app or if I play the same files with kodi I have no problems at all.

P.S. I am updating the server to version 4.3.1, but I don't think that this fixes the problem.

feeeeeef

I have the same problem, the same APP version, and the same model of LG TV. The TV is blank and you can only restart the TV. ops ~~

HI, most likely the bitrate is too high for the device and network connection. Try lowering the bitrate in the app using in the in-app quality setting under playback settings. Please see if this helps. Thanks.

@@SamES

neodago

Are you using a wired or wireless network connection?

Wired connection.

Yesterday I saw a movie (4K HDR, very hight bitrare) and all played flawlessy. No freezes. Meanwhile I updated the server, the only change I made.

Tomas1987

Did Y turbiny off sub? Most of the internal movie subtitles forces transcoding. Thats why y having freezes.

You should use extrenal .srt sub fotmat

About network interfaces, my lg b7 have wired 100mb ethernet interfaces, that is not enought for 4k format. So I use wireless connection in 802.11ac anD everthing worka flawless.

Edited by Tomas1987
  • Like 1